We Need Your Help! Flooding at Designing Spirits, Pies by Bakers, & Others

09 Jun 2015 14:08 #1 by DesigningSpirits
Calling all friends and art fans....
When it rains, it pours.....literally!

DESIGNING SPIRITS, as well as Aspen Roots Salon, Pies By Bakers, and Aspen Park Pediatrics all flooded overnight from a burst pipe. This is after the break ins we all suffered!
Please, if you have EVER thought about supporting any of us WE NEED YOU NOW!

Of anyone has some free time today and can help me put the studio back together I will buy you lunch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2015 10:06 #2 by ScienceChic
Sadly, the flooding was too much for two of our local businesses. Designing Spirits and Pies by Bakers are closing their doors and moving their businesses to be done from home.

From Designing Spirits:

After much thought, I have made the heart-wrenching decision to close to studio in Aspen Park. I will continue to offer painting parties at my home or yours, or at local businesses, parks, etc.
I simply do not have enough clients to pay the high rents in town.
Kids Summer Art Camp will continue through August.
I will have a "garage sale" next weekend including tables, chairs, cabinets, running dishwasher, and select art supplies, as well as some household items so that I can pay my debts.
I love this community and had hoped to stay in business. I am not gone and maybe if I can get enough private parties I can re-open in the future.
Thank you all for your support!

Pies by Bakers hopes to put their products in other local shops and will be selling their equipment, decor, and other inventory in the store on July 18th. If you or anyone you know might have a need to stock a store with tables, chairs, cooking equipment, etc, please stop by and help them recover some of their start-up costs.

Thanks for the support you have shown to them and please wish them well in their future endeavors if you see them.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jul 2015 18:08 #3 by Blazer Bob

18 Jul 2015 10:52 - 18 Jul 2015 10:54 #4 by DesigningSpirits
Sale!
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Lots of canvas, burlap, storage and craft supplies, small appliances, and lots more. Canvas starts at $1!

18 Jul 2015 10:55 #5 by DesigningSpirits
Attachments:

18 Jul 2015 16:36 #6 by Blazer Bob
So sorry you couldn't make it. Is your offer for a free art lesson still good. If so you can pm me here when ever it is convenient for you.
Bob from the flood.

20 Jul 2015 19:36 #7 by koobookie
I'm sorry that I missed their weekend sale. Is there any hope to be able to help them out with their liquidation?

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds