Oh My

19 Jun 2015 09:07 - 19 Jun 2015 09:31 #1 by HappyCamper
Oh My was created by HappyCamper
In the late 80's early 90's we owned a house just 3 doors down from here.

Do you have any strange stories about where you have lived?

denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/18/hundreds-...ound-at-jeffco-home/

The house that we bought was a bit creepy it was a foreclosure and the former resident left a ton of wood debris under the deck. We moved there in January and in March we started cleaning up, one day I was moving some trash bags out for Monday pick up and when I picked them up there were two bull snakes under them. I ran screaming down the driveway and next thing I know hubby passes me screaming he didn’t know why he just knew he should run (kind of funny).

When we cleaned from under the deck we found many more snakes gross!!!! I thought that once that was all gone they would leave also but we were wrong. Over the next 5 years we lived there we found way too many snakes to count and many got chopped up when we were mowing the lawn as they would slither in front of the mower.

One weekend about 3 years after moving in I had my niece and nephew for the weekend. They were out playing in the back yard with some other kids from the neighborhood and I heard screaming and laughing so I went out to see what was up.

Well, seems my nephew and the other boys there got a box and began catching the snakes there were over twenty in the box and they were scaring the girls.

The next week I had animal control come out to look and see if we had some sort of nest or something because to me this just did not seem right, no nest was found.

They said because we were surrounded by fields and there were a lot of prairie dogs in the fields the bull snake population explodes. The snakes like they nice cool grass and the water we put on it.

Not that this has anything to do with the snakes this person has but I have always called it the creepy snake house.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2015 18:45 #2 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Oh My
Interesting story HC. Not sure I would like that many snakes. Out of curiosity what eats snakes and keeps the population in check?

19 Jun 2015 19:09 - 19 Jun 2015 19:10 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Oh My
In town I would say the lawn mower and raptors. There are eagles that nest by Bear Creek Lake then and now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashley

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds