Pocket Gopher - any ideas?

17 Jul 2015 09:14 #1 by cydl
We have a pocket gopher who has taken up residence on the back of our property, coincidentally and suspiciously close to our raised bed full of carrots, radishes, potatoes, etc. He may think he's sly but I know what he's up to!

The Lord and Master has tried filling up his holes - he just re-dug them. Now L&M is preparing to flood the holes. PG is sunning himself on our back porch watching the preparations. LOL!

If that doesn't work, does anyone have any other ideas? I guess worst case I could have an "accidental discharge" of my .22, but I'd really rather just drive the little guy off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2015 17:54 #2 by otisptoadwater
Hmm... I suggest you contact Carl Spackler, he's pretty good at this kind of thing:

But seriously, you might try laying down some of this around your raised bed. I am no expert on Pocket Gophers but most of the smaller forest creatures don't like the idea that Mountain Lion could be hanging around the area:

Thepeemart.com

Of coourse a 410 shotgun shell or a couple of .22 rounds are a lot cheaper and effective as long as you can hit your target.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds