Roads Made Out of Legos?

20 Jul 2015 19:40 #1 by otisptoadwater
I wonder if any representatives from VolkerWessels have contacted Lego with an RFP (and I'm being half serious folks).

According to The Mind Unleashed, Dutch company VolkerWessels has come up with the idea to pave roads with plastic bottles instead of asphalt. They hope to implement their plan quickly so the Dutch city of Rotterdam will see roads with surfaces made of plastic within three years.

As mentioned earlier, the project is hoped to be implemented in Rotterdam within three years, but for now it is still on paper, as detailed by Rolf Mars of VolkerWessels to The Guardian.

“It’s still an idea on paper at the moment; the next stage is to build it and test it in a laboratory to make sure it’s safe in wet and slippery conditions and so on. We’re looking for partners who want to collaborate on a pilot – as well as manufacturers in the plastics industry, we’re thinking of the recycling sector, universities and other knowledge institutions.”

Click here to read more.

:camper:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds