Man who shot 2 reporters this morning shoots himself

26 Aug 2015 10:18 - 26 Aug 2015 12:20 #1 by HappyCamper
They are reporting that the man who killed two reporters this morning shoots himself.

They are also reporting that he was a disgruntled employee.

Updating at this time he is still alive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2015 10:22 #2 by FredHayek
Supposedly this might be tied to perceived racist remarks from one of the dead earlier this week. We might be entering a dangerous new time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Aug 2015 12:15 #3 by Something the Dog Said
The reports that I have seen are that the alleged shooter only wounded himself, and he is not dead at this time.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

26 Aug 2015 12:25 #4 by Something the Dog Said
Just reported that the shooter has now been pronounced dead at the hospital.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

26 Aug 2015 13:26 #5 by ZHawke

FredHayek wrote: Supposedly this might be tied to perceived racist remarks from one of the dead earlier this week. We might be entering a dangerous new time.

From what I've seen, it appears the shooter chose his victims not because of any racist remarks they may, or may not have, made, but, rather, because he was angry over the shootings in Charleston. I'd say we're entering a more dangerous time than we've been in, not that we're entering a new time, really. I also believe we're bringing it on ourselves to a great extent.

26 Aug 2015 13:35 #6 by ZHawke
More info on the perp and his suicide note: now they're saying the Charleston shooting was a "tipping point", and that he claims to have been bullied at work. It doesn't say either of his victims bullied him, but kind of gives that impression. He also says he was a gay black man who suffered discrimination as a result.

After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds