9 News and Dish

29 Sep 2015 13:42 #1 by HappyCamper
9 News and Dish was created by HappyCamper
Sent complaint to both and the responses I got back of course are them blaming each other.

It is nice to know that neither of them care about the customer.

The response I got from DISH said they have offered an extension to the Parent Company of 9 News so that they can continue to talk but the Parent Company turned it down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2015 14:07 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 9 News and Dish
Tried a digital antenna? If it works for you, you can get all the local stations without paying Dish.
Might see if any neighbors get TV that way and what antenna works for them. I hate being held hostage.

With a digital antenna, you get many more local stations than either dish or cable.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Sep 2015 14:24 - 29 Sep 2015 16:34 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic 9 News and Dish
We get no service from a digital antenna wish we did I hate having to pay for local stations.

I think DISH should offer the NFL package free until they get things done.

29 Sep 2015 16:22 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 9 News and Dish
I like the way you think HappyCamper! :nfl: :td:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Sep 2015 19:55 #5 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic 9 News and Dish
I don't consider 9 a big loss. I am thinking though they will negotiate rather than lose customers.

29 Sep 2015 20:27 #6 by HappyCamper
The email I got from Dish was that they extended an offer out to the Parent Company of 9 to extend current contract so the service would not be interrupted for customers until they could come to an agreement.

The email that I got from 9/parent company was they will not bow to Dish and we should choose another provider.

Any way you look at it the customer is the loser.

I will not go back to Direct TV they suck in my opinion and except things like football I can live without 9 but I did talk to Dish and told them if my service shuts off I am not paying the full amount for the local channels.

They told me to call them back if things do not work out.

30 Sep 2015 20:52 #7 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic 9 News and Dish
Oh I forgot all about football on 9. I was thinking more in terms of news. Been travelling for training and I have missed so many games.

Surprised at 9's response. I guess it doesn't matter to them if they lose customers.

Looks like I'm gonna have to learn something about digital antennas and see if they work around here.

30 Sep 2015 21:17 #8 by HappyCamper
They have extended it for 24 hours we shall see.

I have Dish so as soon as it is not available I will be asking for a partial credit for the local stations.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds