Chipmunk In The Tail Pipe?

05 Oct 2015 07:20 #1 by FredHayek
Yesterday my dogs chased a chipmunk into the tailpipe of a friend's car. What do you think would be the best way to get "Alvin" out of there? Hoping to avoid having BBQ'd rodent smell all the way home.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2015 10:37 #2 by ScienceChic
Eek! Bribery? Put a pile of sunflower seeds at the very end of the tailpipe, then a trail of sunflower seeds on the ground below leading away from the vehicle?

All I'm finding online are suggestions to keep them out in the first place, or more drastic measures like dismantling the exhaust system.

Good luck FH! Keep us posted.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Oct 2015 10:53 #3 by FredHayek
We did the food thing and moved inside, so it looks like he made his escape. :leavesjump:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2015 11:07 #4 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds