Progress on Retreat Center at Shaffers Crossing

19 Oct 2017 16:46 #11 by Archdiocese
Forest Management Work at Emmaus Retreat starts tomorrow, Oct. 20, 2017

Tomorrow we will begin implementing our Forest Management Plan. Loggers will be on site felling trees and thinning growth especially along the path of our road up the hill to our building site. I will be sure to take lots of pictures to show how to create the “shaded fuel break” that the Fire Company requires along our road.

If you would like to talk about the project, stop by at DWs 285 Diner on Wednesdays from 8-10 AM. Please note that I will not be there on November 1st so that I can attend a meeting at Elk Creek Elementary School to discuss the Conifer Kiwanis school literacy program.

Michael Six (Archdiocese)
(720) 417-0503
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2018 11:07 #12 by Archdiocese
The next round of Forest Management Plan work is ongoing at the Retreat Center site. Trees that were cut last Fall for the shaded fuel break will be processed this Spring.
By mid-April we expect to have excavation equipment working on the rough graded road from the cabin up to the building site.
If you would like to talk about the project, stop by at DWs 285 Diner on Wednesdays from 8-10 AM.
Michael Six (Archdiocese)
(720) 417-0503
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

16 Aug 2018 13:14 #13 by Archdiocese
Hi everyone, my name is Mark Haas and I am the new PR Director for the archdiocese. I wanted to provide a quick update on the happenings at the Retreat Center site: The first phase of rough grading for the access road is complete. The second phase of rough grading for the main road is in the permitting process. We’re also in permitting with the Army Corps of Engineers for pond improvements. Until the permits are in hand, there won’t be any construction activity. Thanks!

20 Jun 2019 15:44 #14 by Archdiocese
Hi, quick update for the upcoming summer months:
The construction crews are finalizing the first half of the rough grading of the road, they will be putting pumps on the wells, and will be improving the pond for water storage and regulatory compliance. The Site Development Plan approval is still in progress with Jefferson County.
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds