Questions about Subdivision Deer Creek Valley Ranchos

11 Nov 2015 12:18 #1 by Ashley
I am looking at purchasing a home in Deer Creek Valley Ranchos and have some questions about the covenants, amongst other things. I own a home in Jeffco and have learned to be more judicious in purchasing anything close to large undeveloped parcels like the Catholic Retreat or anything in ParkCo with potential use as a cell tower.

I have read the covenants and would appreciate any information on how strictly they are enforced.

There is currently an application on the PC Board of Commissioners 11-19-15 agenda for a guest home which appears to be allowed within the covenants. Are there a number of these within the subdivision? Perhaps the wave of the future which will mean more people?

Is there a possibility of a cell tower in that the Bylaws, specifically ART XIII appear to allow??

The HOA seems to be quite involved in wildfire mitigation which I see as a plus.

Any comments, thoughts, opinions appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2015 12:33 #2 by HappyCamper
I don't know if they can enforce the HOA as it is volunteer to pay thing not required.

It is only a few bucks a year so I doubt there would be much money to hire a lawyer to fight anything.

JMO

11 Nov 2015 12:44 #3 by Ashley
Thanks Happy Camper.

I went back over the Covenants and ByLaws but perhaps missed it. Is target practice allowed within the subdivision? If so, is there a lot of it?

Since animals are allowed, are there issues/problems getting residents to clean up after their animals, e.g. animal wastes, etc.

How about atv and dirt bike use? There seems to be a clause in the covenants about noxious or offensive activities. Is it enforced?

Thanks!

11 Nov 2015 16:22 #4 by HappyCamper
My guess is yes, you can do target practice as we hear guns going off.

Probably depends on the neighbor you have as far as cleaning up after livestock but if you do not like flies I would not live next to someone with horses or cows.

Yes, we have dogs that bark in the area most people are good about it but not all.

If you need your roads plowed/maintained then don't move to Park County. Road and Bridge does the best they can given the budget but unless there is more than 6 inches of snow you may not see a plow. If school is closed or if it is the weekend you may not see a plow. No money means no overtime so it is what it is. Yes, when the plow does come by they will push the snow back in your driveway.

I am glad that there is not an HOA in the Ranchos that are bunch of busy bodies I moved away from town so I did not have people telling what I can and can not do.

I am glad there is a cell tower hope it is working soon.

If you need fast Internet don't move to Park County.

We do see ATV's they do not bother us.

Hope that answers your questions.

11 Nov 2015 16:33 #5 by ScienceChic
I'm not sure if this applies to DCVR, but I received this information from a friend and was wondering what you all thought of it.

Commissioner Mike Brazell will talk Fiber as well on Saturday-I sent this out earlier this year and wanted to have it fresh in your mind before he talks:

> Found out some interesting news on the gigabyte community that Mike Brazell our Park Cty Commissioner talked about at our Annual Meeting.

> Park County was the first to be awarded a Grant. 1 gigabyte service is either at the County Library in our subdivision or will be any day.Its fiber Optic-Aerial going to 10 County buildings-Elementary School-High School-Shawnee Community Center-Sheriff Office etc. Fiber Optics will have 100 strands-the County will use only like 4 at this time.

> Other subdivisions 2 in particular are being very aggressive about being apart of this gigabyte program. We were the first to look into this, but now 2 others are pursuing.

> It is estimated approximately $7- $11,000 increase in property values with this kind of broadband service (It gives us a lot more opportunity to sell our properties to CEOs-top executives etc that want Country living and can work from home with no restrictions on Internet.)

> TV as we know it-Satellite-Direct TV- Dish those will most likely go away-so that bill could be consolidated into that GB broadband service (most spend $100 plus a mth on TV alone)l it appears that Internet and phone service charges could be eliminated as well.
>
> So why am I telling you all this? The information I am about to give you is strictly a GUESS-no engineering studies have been done no prices quoted.Lets say to have the engineering done and to hang the fiber to each home it would cost $4000 each home (again just a guess-t-mate KEEP READING) if we as a neighborhood formed whats called a LID (Local Improvement District) through the County that amount could be spread over 10 years and shows up on your tax bill annually. So, if we use the $4000 as an example we would have $400 added to our annual tax bill but by getting gigabyte but we would be eliminating TV-Internet and Phone.This would give us long term solutions as technology grows and it should help our home values(as mentioned above). We might be able to get a grant as well, but we don’t want to depend on this.No monthly price has been quoted -this info I am giving you in install only. Commissioner Brazell is on a Technology Boards which has or will have grants if we decide to go with it, we could possibly get a grant.

> Think about whether YOU ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING APART OF THIS IF IT COST YOU A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS IN YOUR TAXES ANNUALLY BUT KNOWING OTHER BILLS WOULD BE ELIMINATED? I want to know if it is worth the energy time and money to pursue this. We would most likely need 70% of the neighborhood to say yes. I am just looking to see if you would have interest to check it out more thoroughly and if it did cost hypothetically $4000 a household would you seriously consider this on an annual tax bill. Please give me input .

> We are looking out for our future….. let me know your thoughts.Lets let Commissioner Brazell give us the latest intel!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Nov 2015 18:01 #6 by HappyCamper

ScienceChic wrote: I'm not sure if this applies to DCVR, but I received this information from a friend and was wondering what you all thought of it.

Commissioner Mike Brazell will talk Fiber as well on Saturday-I sent this out earlier this year and wanted to have it fresh in your mind before he talks:

> Found out some interesting news on the gigabyte community that Mike Brazell our Park Cty Commissioner talked about at our Annual Meeting.

> Park County was the first to be awarded a Grant. 1 gigabyte service is either at the County Library in our subdivision or will be any day.Its fiber Optic-Aerial going to 10 County buildings-Elementary School-High School-Shawnee Community Center-Sheriff Office etc. Fiber Optics will have 100 strands-the County will use only like 4 at this time.

> Other subdivisions 2 in particular are being very aggressive about being apart of this gigabyte program. We were the first to look into this, but now 2 others are pursuing.

> It is estimated approximately $7- $11,000 increase in property values with this kind of broadband service (It gives us a lot more opportunity to sell our properties to CEOs-top executives etc that want Country living and can work from home with no restrictions on Internet.)

> TV as we know it-Satellite-Direct TV- Dish those will most likely go away-so that bill could be consolidated into that GB broadband service (most spend $100 plus a mth on TV alone)l it appears that Internet and phone service charges could be eliminated as well.
>
> So why am I telling you all this? The information I am about to give you is strictly a GUESS-no engineering studies have been done no prices quoted.Lets say to have the engineering done and to hang the fiber to each home it would cost $4000 each home (again just a guess-t-mate KEEP READING) if we as a neighborhood formed whats called a LID (Local Improvement District) through the County that amount could be spread over 10 years and shows up on your tax bill annually. So, if we use the $4000 as an example we would have $400 added to our annual tax bill but by getting gigabyte but we would be eliminating TV-Internet and Phone.This would give us long term solutions as technology grows and it should help our home values(as mentioned above). We might be able to get a grant as well, but we don’t want to depend on this.No monthly price has been quoted -this info I am giving you in install only. Commissioner Brazell is on a Technology Boards which has or will have grants if we decide to go with it, we could possibly get a grant.

> Think about whether YOU ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING APART OF THIS IF IT COST YOU A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS IN YOUR TAXES ANNUALLY BUT KNOWING OTHER BILLS WOULD BE ELIMINATED? I want to know if it is worth the energy time and money to pursue this. We would most likely need 70% of the neighborhood to say yes. I am just looking to see if you would have interest to check it out more thoroughly and if it did cost hypothetically $4000 a household would you seriously consider this on an annual tax bill. Please give me input .

> We are looking out for our future….. let me know your thoughts.Lets let Commissioner Brazell give us the latest intel!

According to the meeting that you taped they are talking about bringing fiber to some subdivisions but it sounds like the residents will need to pay for some if not all of the connections.

They did not mention which subdivisions it will be.

I know that Century Link had to run fiber down 43 to cell tower so maybe DCVR will be one of the ones that might get fiber. Guess we will have to wait and see what the cost is and how long it will take.

Put it this way I am not holding my breath.

11 Nov 2015 18:13 #7 by Ashley
Thank you Happy Camper for all your comments/thoughts. Thank you for mentioning dogs barking too. Forgot about that one.

The area when we have visited it has always seemed quiet and pleasant. Perhaps though we should visit on some weekends.

I have to agree that I don't want a busybody HOA but then again I don't want to have issues ignored. I like that it is near Deer Creek Elementary.

HappyCamper wrote: My guess is yes, you can do target practice as we hear guns going off.

Probably depends on the neighbor you have as far as cleaning up after livestock but if you do not like flies I would not live next to someone with horses or cows.

Yes, we have dogs that bark in the area most people are good about it but not all.

If you need your roads plowed/maintained then don't move to Park County. Road and Bridge does the best they can given the budget but unless there is more than 6 inches of snow you may not see a plow. If school is closed or if it is the weekend you may not see a plow. No money means no overtime so it is what it is. Yes, when the plow does come by they will push the snow back in your driveway.

I am glad that there is not an HOA in the Ranchos that are bunch of busy bodies I moved away from town so I did not have people telling what I can and can not do.

I am glad there is a cell tower hope it is working soon.

If you need fast Internet don't move to Park County.

We do see ATV's they do not bother us.

Hope that answers your questions.

11 Nov 2015 18:25 #8 by Ashley
SC I read this but I am confused. Who or what subdivision is involved?

What immediately comes to mind is the Evergreen Recreation District which was approved years ago only to see the costs escalate enormously surpassing even the local fire district.

LID's don't usually end with a one time service. There are more costs associated with the upkeep and further improvements as they come along. I am not altogether certain that many people could afford these improvements. And why would you want the property values to go up and have to pay more taxes as well. And what about water issues. From the Strategic Master Plan for Park County that I read recently there are 20,000 undeveloped subdivision lots. Right now Burland has a number of second home owners who are not here all the time to put added pressure on an already overburdened water system. Do CEO's really want to move out to this area.

Thanks for mentioning as this should be something to consider in looking at any subdivisions including DCVR.

HappyCamper wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: I'm not sure if this applies to DCVR, but I received this information from a friend and was wondering what you all thought of it.

>

According to the meeting that you taped they are talking about bringing fiber to some subdivisions but it sounds like the residents will need to pay for some if not all of the connections.

They did not mention which subdivisions it will be.

I know that Century Link had to run fiber down 43 to cell tower so maybe DCVR will be one of the ones that might get fiber. Guess we will have to wait and see what the cost is and how long it will take.

Put it this way I am not holding my breath.

11 Nov 2015 19:06 #9 by HappyCamper
You might want to watch the video about the ballot issues as they mention some of the items there.

I think the high speed stuff that the grant is paying for is for schools, sheriff, county offices, fire department.

If you have more questions you might want to email the HOA. I know the fire grants run out in December so if the property you are looking at has not been done it won't be under that grant.

Please know that they have talked of development in Deer Creek (hitting Woodside) that did not go through but I am sure some day it will so there will be more houses in this area just depends on how long it takes.

When they were talking about developing Deer Creek the lot sizes were pretty small. Open land is just that open and you will never stop progress.

Hopefully by the time they do that I can retire and move even farther away.

14 Nov 2015 15:49 #10 by Ashley
Thank you Happy Camper for your comments. I have a friend who lives in Deer Creek who is bring me up to speed on likes/dislikes/issues in the area and will be meeting with others.

We were over the other day and can't get over how fast everybody drives on 43. Speed limit be damned.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds