Florida Man Files ‘Drive-By’ Lawsuits Against CO Restaurants incl Riverbend

21 Feb 2019 09:56 - 21 Feb 2019 09:57 #11 by FredHayek
I am a little torn on this. I fully support the ADA after traveling with a disabled spouse to other nations, but it does seem like "Florida Guy" was being very nit picky in his suits. But glad to see Riverbend back open. Had a great meal there a few months ago, nothing like a burger and beer outside by the Platte.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2019 11:44 #12 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: I am a little torn on this. I fully support the ADA after traveling with a disabled spouse to other nations, but it does seem like "Florida Guy" was being very nit picky in his suits. But glad to see Riverbend back open. Had a great meal there a few months ago, nothing like a burger and beer outside by the Platte.

AGAIN,we do agree on some things....I was in Bailey when this was coming down and
I do believe Riverbend was being targeted unfairly. (the rumors of OTHER issues, however, were they resolved or dispelled?)

08 Mar 2019 18:20 #13 by CanyonCourier
Restaurant owner files countersuit

A local restaurateur is filing a countersuit against the law firms who claimed his business violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The 39-page complaint filed Feb. 7 in the U.S. District Court in Denver alleges that the defendants – Jason Weiss of the Weiss Law Group, Brett Huff and Richard Leslie of Huff and Leslie, LLP, Peter Leiner and Giovania Paloni – used the American with Disabilities Act to “institute actions based on fictional plaintiffs, false allegations of injury, and false allegations of standing to collect quick settlements from Colorado businesses and citizens.”

Michael Abbondanza, a Conifer resident who owns and operates the Riverbend Eatery in Bailey, said he believes the initial claim, made by a man named Santiago Abreu, was an abuse of the ADA.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/restaurant...er-files-countersuit
By Deborah Swearingen
Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds