Rest In Peace: Evergreen HS Student Matti McLaurin, Support Fund for Family

04 Nov 2019 18:01 - 04 Nov 2019 18:08 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Mattison Kline McLaurin Obituary and Condolences

A celebration of life will be held 4pm, Tuesday, November 5, 2019, at The Barn at Evergreen Memorial Park, 26624 N. Turkey Creek Rd., Evergreen, CO 80439.

From Laurie Mumm Schar Davis in Evergreen Colorado Neighbors & Friends:

Please join us for a candlelight vigil in honor of Matt, his friends, and too many other young lives lost from our community. Let's come together and line Main Street Evergreen on Tuesday, Nov 5 starting at 5:45p with love and candlelight.

Please bring your own candle and dress warmly as we hope to be there for awhile.

Regardless if you knew this young man, are an adult or kid, our community has been touched again by a tragedy that affects us all.

Let's show up as a community and show our young people how much we care.

Tragedy Strikes Suburb of Denver in Evergreen, CO With Teen Suicide

GoFundMe: Matti McLaurin Support Fund

Courtney McLaurin Kline, mother of Matti, "Last night I lost the most precious thing in my life. Matti died suddenly at home. His love for me and his sister Corynn was unparalleled. He taught me love for 17 years, love I could hardly imagine.

He was so happy about Precision Machining at Warren Tech, loving Evergreen High School, loved his RYLA family, Rotary family, youth group and happy in life.

He would want me to tell you all to be strong, be real, and listen to each other."

Many, many of you have asked how can I help with the recent tragedy. The financial needs are daunting at this time for many reasons. We have no income, due to not being able to work at our business. There are a lot of expenses already piling up to large amounts.

If you feel inclined and lead to give, please use the following link. All funds will be utilized for the family's benefit and distributed to the local Evergreen bank account that has been setup.

Courtney McLaurin Kline runs Swim 4 Life here in Evergreen: www.swim4lifecolorado.com/about

Update today from Jerry Nichols, one of the team who started the fundraiser:

It is still so early in the process of understanding all the ramifications of Matti’s passing just about 48hrs ago. There are tough decisions, financial obligations, and overwhelming emotional debilitating grief that come in waves.

However, the Evergreen Community and, literally, people from around the world have demonstrated such astounding compassion, mercy, grace, and love. It has been the difference for Courtney and her family.

Financially speaking, things are being worked through methodically with the help of several advisors and community leaders; funeral arrangements, living expenses, medical payments, and no income since Courtney and Corryn are unable to work at their small business Swim 4 Life Colorado, which is temporarily closed during this time. It is hard to contemplate income being cut off in the midst of this chaotic and horrific situation...your support has been an amazing comfort for them.

At this time, some of the most pressing needs of Courtney are being met, because of your help. Because of you...
1. The funeral arrangements and expenses are covered
2. The memorial service is covered (Tues 11/5 at the Memorial Barn in Marshdale/Evergreen at 4 PM)
3. The reception expenses are covered

There are other needs that are coming forward as more becomes known through the grieving and discovery process. This Go Fund Me campaign’s goal has been updated, accordingly, to help meet these additional expenses.

Courtney and her family know of your support and love. It is sustaining them. They want you to know of their eternal gratitude and gratefulness for all you have done. We will continue to provide updates and appreciate your support to promote the campaign far and wide. Thank you.

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want [God is using the Evergreen Community to take care of the want]…He restores my soul…Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I will fear no evil for You are with me…and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalms 23

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Nov 2019 20:33 #2 by ScienceChic
Posted by Courtney McLaurin on November 7:

Tremendous amount of support from you all, there are no words just tears of humility. Here is the message he wanted me to share at his service incase you were not there. We had over 500 attend. I am sorry for all those I missed seeing, I could not even look up lest I be overwhelmed in the presence of such an outpouring of love. Hope this brings peace to those of you hurting:

"I am not okay, I am not strong, I am not handling this well. I am speaking because Matti would want me to, that is all. I will start with the message he has pressed me to tell you all. And I will see how far I get.

PAUSE….BREATHE

I can’t tell you why, only Matti can. I can tell you why not. It was not to get attention, he wasn’t like that. It was not out of bitterness, he forgave quickly and saw peoples hearts, gave them grace for their own struggles. Hear this please: Most importantly it was not because of anything you could have done or did not do. This was not Matti. You knew 90% of all he was, 10% of him struggled with a storm inside. That 10% took him in the end. He was present in every moment and always in control of anything but he could not control this. It tore him apart.

His sister and I are certain he died knowing we loved him unconditionally and that he loved us tremendously. What Matti forgot that night is how much we needed him.

PAUSE….BREATHE

Read more on Courtney's Facebook Page

The GoFundMe is still open if you'd like to help support the family as they recover from their loss, deal with funeral costs, and try to get back to work.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Oct 2020 15:33 #3 by CanyonCourier
Boy Scouts complete McLaurin’s Eagle Scout project

Mattison McLaurin hasn’t been forgotten.

The Evergreen High School senior who took his own life on Oct. 28, 2019, was honored in a special ceremony by his Boy Scout Troop 737 on Sunday afternoon. The Scouts completed the benches he had planned to build for his Eagle Scout project, and they held a dedication attended by more than 35 people. The benches built with skis will be placed outside the Evergreen Christian Outreach food bank, and the dedication took place in the meadow just east of that location.

Matti’s grandfather, Lawrence Kline, himself a Scout in his youth, said he and Matti bonded over their love of Scouting, adding that Matti embodied five of the 12 points of the Boy Scout law: trustworthy, friendly, courteous, kind and cheerful.

He explained that those at the dedication ceremony embodied the remaining seven points of the law — loyal, helpful, obedient, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent — because they cared enough to complete Matti’s Eagle Scout project.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/boy-scouts...-eagle-scout-project
By Deb Hurley Brobst
Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds