What is it????

14 Sep 2010 13:26 #11 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic What is it????

Photo-fish wrote: Perhaps it is a marker beacon for commercial airlines to follow on their glide path into Denver? Seems like most of eastbound jets go right over Kenosha Pass.

The outer marker is normally located 7.2 km (3.9 nm) from the threshold except that, where this distance is not practicable, the outer marker may be located between 6.5 and 11.1 km (3.5 and 6 nm) from the threshold. The purpose of this beacon is to provide height, distance and equipment functioning checks to aircraft on intermediate and final approach. In the United States, an NDB is often combined with the outer marker beacon in the ILS approach (called a Locator Outer Marker, or LOM); in Canada, low-powered NDBs have replaced marker beacons entirely.

I know what those are, this is a hollow tube, no electronics or antennas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 09:35 #12 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic What is it????
Grady,

I was checking out Snotel monitoring sites when I came across this picture of the Snotel station at Michigan creek. The tower at the far left with the fins hanging down looks exactly like the one on top of Kenosha Pass but a bit shorter. I am now guessing that there was once a Snotel site at this location. What exactly this tower did, I still do not know.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=937&state=co

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

09 May 2011 07:06 #13 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic What is it????
Thanks, that is the same thing, reminds me of some sort of a storage tank.

09 May 2011 07:20 #14 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic What is it????

Photo-fish wrote: Grady,

I was checking out Snotel monitoring sites when I came across this picture of the Snotel station at Michigan creek. The tower at the far left with the fins hanging down looks exactly like the one on top of Kenosha Pass but a bit shorter. I am now guessing that there was once a Snotel site at this location. What exactly this tower did, I still do not know.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=937&state=co

That's a weater station, but it couild be a cell tower as well, see if you get anybody up there if ya push/pull it over... I'll bail ya out!

Here's one our stations at Tucson Electric Power,

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds