Best Gift you have ever received or given.....

04 Dec 2010 20:56 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Best Gift you have ever received or given.....
Alright, you win

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Dec 2010 21:09 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Best Gift you have ever received or given.....

ComputerBreath wrote: Best gift received...the surprize birthday party complete with homecooked dinner my dad threw me for my 10th birthday.

Best gift given...I enjoy giving so much that I hope a lot of the folks I've given to will tell me their gift was the best they've ever received. My favorite was a few years ago when I gave my mom a statue of Santa Claus hoisting an angel baby in the air...in remembrance of my sister whose birthday was Christmas Day and who was murdered 8 days prior to her 9th birthday.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. A wonderful gift that was.

04 Dec 2010 21:13 #13 by Travelingirl

ComputerBreath wrote: Best gift received...the surprize birthday party complete with homecooked dinner my dad threw me for my 10th birthday.

Best gift given...I enjoy giving so much that I hope a lot of the folks I've given to will tell me their gift was the best they've ever received. My favorite was a few years ago when I gave my mom a statue of Santa Claus hoisting an angel baby in the air...in remembrance of my sister whose birthday was Christmas Day and who was murdered 8 days prior to her 9th birthday.

My thoughts will be with you and your family this Christmas Day. What a wonderful gift you gave your mother.

04 Dec 2010 22:15 #14 by Local_Historian
Best gift I ever gave - after Bailey days two years ago, I brought home a puppy. Husband was ill then, and puppy was lonely (Our girl dogs did not appreciate the new dog in the house) and husband and puppy bonded, spending a great deal of time cuddling together on the bed or the floor while husband got better. He has said many times that the puppy has helped, and still helps. Of course, now puppy still thinks he's a lap dog - at 90 lbs.

Best gift recieved -my wedding ring. We did not have rings when we got married, so we bought special ones for each other throughout the year, and gave them to each other on Christmas.

05 Dec 2010 10:02 #15 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Best Gift you have ever received or given.....

Local_Historian wrote: Best gift I ever gave - after Bailey days two years ago, I brought home a puppy. Husband was ill then, and puppy was lonely (Our girl dogs did not appreciate the new dog in the house) and husband and puppy bonded, spending a great deal of time cuddling together on the bed or the floor while husband got better. He has said many times that the puppy has helped, and still helps. Of course, now puppy still thinks he's a lap dog - at 90 lbs.

Best gift recieved -my wedding ring. We did not have rings when we got married, so we bought special ones for each other throughout the year, and gave them to each other on Christmas.

Yeah "here honey..I brought you home an 18 year commitment. Now we are stuck here cleaning up dog crap for the next 20 years....You're welcome"

05 Dec 2010 10:50 #16 by lil precious
A Grand Cherokee Laredo.

05 Dec 2010 11:03 #17 by Local_Historian

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Best gift I ever gave - after Bailey days two years ago, I brought home a puppy. Husband was ill then, and puppy was lonely (Our girl dogs did not appreciate the new dog in the house) and husband and puppy bonded, spending a great deal of time cuddling together on the bed or the floor while husband got better. He has said many times that the puppy has helped, and still helps. Of course, now puppy still thinks he's a lap dog - at 90 lbs.

Yeah "here honey..I brought you home an 18 year commitment. Now we are stuck here cleaning up dog crap for the next 20 years....You're welcome"

Apparently you have no clue the average lifespan of most dogs.

And you know, an 18 year commitment to any dog - even one of those yappy tiny rat dogs - would be preferable to having to wipe your ass in your senility. You're going to enjoy that nursing home your family dumps you in. Bet you'll get great use out of golf clubs then; the staff will love stealing them one by one.

05 Dec 2010 18:57 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

Local_Historian wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

And you know, an 18 year commitment to any dog - even one of those yappy tiny rat dogs - would be preferable to having to wipe your ass in your senility. You're going to enjoy that nursing home your family dumps you in. Bet you'll get great use out of golf clubs then; the staff will love stealing them one by one.

Is that what you hope will happen to me?

05 Dec 2010 20:46 #19 by V_A
How timely, my spouse bought me a 2010 BMW 5 series yesterday for xmas.

I have to wait until the 25th to drive it :(

05 Dec 2010 22:55 #20 by Local_Historian

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Is that what you hope will happen to me?

Don't even have to hope; statistically, men who live into their 80s and 90s do experience a level of senility toward the end of their lives. And an increasing number of elderly are being put into nursing homes by relatives rather than being taken care of by family members. Wander over to Life Care in Evergreen, take a look at your future. Of course, that's assuming you live that long and lil prescious doesn't use those golf clubs in another way, or all that cheap beer doesn't rot out your gut, giving you death by bleeding ulcer.

Frankly, I don't give a crap enough about you to care how you die someday; it's just rather easy to predict how it wll be based on your behavior and demeanor.

So, how many arteries did you clog today?

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds