If you had to take a paid sabbatical and couldn't work....

17 Dec 2010 14:49 #1 by CinnamonGirl
If you had to take a paid sabbatical and couldn't work for an entire year, what would you most like to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2010 15:01 #2 by FredHayek
Travel 2 weeks a month and stay home 2 weeks. Explore Colorado much more than I have but also Australia, NZ, & Europe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Dec 2010 15:45 #3 by RivendaleFarms
Knit/Weave/Spin. Nap. Eat. Hang out at the barn. Repeat. (Ok, maybe not for the whole year, but it would be at least a few months before it would get old.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

17 Dec 2010 16:01 #4 by ComputerBreath
A little travel. A little or a lot of volunteering. And a lot of vegging, though I'd fast get tired of it and probably to start deep-cleaning my house and getting rid of things I've had for eons.

17 Dec 2010 16:12 #5 by ScienceChic
Wine tour of the world!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2010 18:18 #6 by major bean
In the summer, climb all of the 14ers with my wife.
Build a sunroom with my wife.
Landscape the yard with my wife.
Take a trip to the east coast with my wife.

Regards,
Major Bean

17 Dec 2010 20:34 #7 by walktrot
Your poor wife, I'm exhausted just reading the agenda. :whiteflag:

17 Dec 2010 21:25 #8 by CinnamonGirl
I know this sounds cheesy. I would do exactly what I am doing now. I love what I do.

17 Dec 2010 21:35 #9 by archer
How is this different from retiring? Except, of course, for how long that "sabbatical" lasts. Sure, you make all kinds of plans, and even carry some of them out, but mostly life goes on as per usual, and you begin to wonder how you ever had time to work.

17 Dec 2010 22:20 #10 by The Viking
Be a Philanthropist and travel the world helping children to give them a chance at a real life. I would live in huts and villages as long as I knew I was making a difference and changing lives. If only I had that kind of money, I would probably be doing that now. For the first time in a long time, I have nothing holding me down anywhere.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds