Beers Fill Up From The Bottom!

27 Dec 2010 06:27 #1 by Wayne Harrison
A company called Bottoms Up Beer designed a beer dispenser that fills up cups from the bottom. Presumably the dispenser opens and then closes a perforated hole in the bottom of the cup. Or it’s magic!

[youtube:203xcqdh]
[/youtube:203xcqdh]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2010 06:31 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Beers Fill Up From The Bottom!
What I want to know is, How it does not spill out of the bottom.

27 Dec 2010 07:06 #3 by Wayne Harrison
I think that's where the (probably) patented 'non-return valve' comes in.

Did you see how fast they're able to serve beer that way? It would be great for a Rockies game.

It was invented in Scotland and can pour 10 pints in 10 seconds, the website claims.

27 Dec 2010 14:39 #4 by PrintSmith
It has to be a one way valve of some sort in the bottom of the cup that marries up with the line that the beer flows through to fill the cup. I heard a distinct snapping sound when the cups were seated into the dispenser on the video. What a concept. No extra head on the beer, no spilled waste over the brim of the cup, a defined volume dispensed each time - certainly more cost effective from that aspect than a traditional tap. Would indeed work great for venues such as the Pepsi Center, Invesco, Coors Field or a dance club, but I would think it would have a limited application for bars and restaurants where the beer is served in a glass or mug. Kinda cool to watch it fill the cup up though.

27 Dec 2010 18:34 #5 by ShilohLady
If you look closely at the video, the bottom appears red or orange so definitely some sort of special valve.

28 Dec 2010 12:07 #6 by AV8OR
Wow! The fraternity parties could use that!

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds