Knit Knook Christmas Club 2011

03 Jan 2011 10:55 #1 by RivendaleFarms
How many of you were knitting into the wee hours Christmas Eve and vowing (as we knitters do every year) that next year will be different? I always start out January thinking I'll get a head start, but then other projects catch my eye and next thing I know, it's December 15 and I still have eight gifts to finish. (That could also explain why I'm usually still finishing Christmas gifts for the previous year around Groundhog Day. It's a theory.) Every year I swear it will be different, usually in my best Scarlett O'Hara dramatic voice, and every year I find myself in the same pickle.

Diane at The Knit Knook is doing her best to help us all out of that last minute scramble. The Knit Knook has started a Christmas Club for anyone who wants to join! Come on into the store and sign up, it's free! All you have to do is commit to knitting or crocheting a Christmas gift every month in 2011 through November. If you fail to knit something, you put $5 in the kitty. At the end of the year you will have 11 hand knitted gifts in your stash for Christmas 2011 gifts! The money in the kitty will go to having a Christmas Party and if there is no money in the kitty, Diane will take care of the party costs!
(Keep it for simple and quick gifts! Also, what you knit doesn’t have to be for someone you know, it can be for a shelter, the homeless, or the troops, etc.)

I just started a pair of socks for January - hope you all will join us!

HAPPY KNITTING!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2011 11:01 #2 by wildiris
I'm in! I am starting with a pair of fingerless mitts. They are simple and quick and at this point, I need simple and quick.

03 Jan 2011 23:46 #3 by Local_Historian
does crocheting count? My knitting is...eh.

04 Jan 2011 06:25 #4 by RivendaleFarms
Crocheting definitely counts!! I can't seem to count well enough to crochet, so I stick to the knitting. You can sign up at the Knook, they've got a list going. (Also, you don't even have to know who the gift is for when you make it. The socks I'm making are turning out a little big for my originally intended recipient, but they'll fit someone by golly.)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

31 Jan 2011 07:49 #5 by RivendaleFarms
Finished my January socks! I think this is the first time ever I've had a Christmas present done this far ahead of the game - woo hoo!

02 Feb 2011 12:33 #6 by RivendaleFarms
Here are the January socks:

And I'm kickin' butt on February:

I seem to be in a sock rut. I'm ok with that.

02 Feb 2011 13:01 #7 by Cat Crap Hill
I owe the Christmas Kitty FIVE BUCKS.

02 Feb 2011 13:10 #8 by RivendaleFarms
You and Diane both! (Although yours is because you keep selling those darn cute mitts instead of stashing them. Maybe you need to knit up something ugly.)

The party fund has started!

02 Feb 2011 13:15 #9 by Cat Crap Hill
Those new socks are SWELL, Rivendale! I want that yarn.

02 Feb 2011 13:25 #10 by RivendaleFarms
I'll bet Diane has a skein or two left. By the way, the February sock is out of a merino/silk blend and holy crap, it's yummy! I know she still had some of that, both in the colorway I'm using and a couple others, too. I need more. Much more.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds