Advice on fundraising here in CO?

14 Jan 2011 20:28 #1 by lydian82
I'd like to do some fundraising and was wondering if anyone out there can show me the ropes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2011 09:25 #2 by bailey bud
In my experience, Colorado residents are horrible when it comes to charitable causes.

The Catalog of Philanthropy used to publish a "Generosity Index" showing relative giving (compares giving with resources)

Our dear state ranked 43rd.

Colorado is one of the 10 richest states in the country - we simply don't tend to give our stuff away.

I suppose that's just the way of the west.

15 Jan 2011 09:36 #3 by bailey bud
http://www.coloradononprofits.org/Givin ... ndings.pdf

Telling fact -- Colorado ranks 5th in income, nationwide.

Our giving as a proportion of our income ranks 38th.

If Coloradans gave the same proportion as the average American, giving in Colorado would go up by almost a half billion dollars.

15 Jan 2011 10:34 #4 by lydian82
I just need someone to show me. I read the state site but I'm more of a hands-on and oral person. I have items that were donated and I'd like to do something to raise funds with them.

I even have some signed books of a new release from a well-known, popular author that is coming out in May.

Anyone?

15 Jan 2011 15:39 #5 by LOL
What about an auction. There is that new place on 285 near Pine Junction.
There is also Ebay or Craigslist.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Jan 2011 17:57 #6 by bailey bud
What are you raising funds for?

16 Jan 2011 10:30 #7 by lydian82

Joe wrote: What about an auction. There is that new place on 285 near Pine Junction.
There is also Ebay or Craigslist.

Wow. Good ideas, I have no clue how those work. I just am becoming comfortable in this new venture of my website [url=http://lyme-aware.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://lyme-aware.org[/url].

I am trying to raise funds for ILADS.org, International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society, to train more doctors on treating Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Fever, Babesiosis, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, etc. More and more people are becoming ill with these diseases in Colorado, and the other states, but most doctors have no idea how to diagnose it or recognize it. Hence, not reported to DOH. I'd also like to help out LymeAide (CO) and LEAP Arizona so that people can get medical treatment.

So much controversy about treating them. You can check out the site if you'd like.

16 Jan 2011 12:05 #8 by Nobody that matters

bailey bud wrote: In my experience, Colorado residents are horrible when it comes to charitable causes.

The Catalog of Philanthropy used to publish a "Generosity Index" showing relative giving (compares giving with resources)

Our dear state ranked 43rd.

Colorado is one of the 10 richest states in the country - we simply don't tend to give our stuff away.

I suppose that's just the way of the west.

I don't give to charities.

I give freely to friends, relatives and those I meet in need.

I just don't take well to middlemen.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Jan 2011 20:04 #9 by Local_Historian
Point made.

I donate goods all the time - I just have too much stuff. Cash I cannot donate.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds