Shaffers Crossing Rezoning - Public Hearing

17 Jan 2011 18:51 #11 by major bean
People who restrict what another person can do with his property are very small bullies. Home owners' associations are nothing but a bunch of small, pushy people. To hell with them. Covenants only depress property values.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2011 23:34 #12 by Local_Historian
A camp ground right next door to our homes will depress property values a hell of a lot more. A parking lot for RVs to be stored will invite crime into our neighborhood. And it will provide an eyesore to be seen from the highway.

And who is going to camp right there anyway, when Staunton is being opened to camping? I for one do not see the appeal of camping right off the highway when an even better campground - likely cheaper- is available right up the road in the middle of the woods.

18 Jan 2011 07:39 #13 by 2wlady
Developers are not "people" in the aspect that they don't care about adjoining property and the effect of their single purpose drive for money on neighbors.

It's one thing to build a small outbuilding on property, quite something else to add a bunch of stuff such as an RV storage facility.

Reminds me of Santa Fe south of C-470, I-25 north of Denver. Pretty ugly stuff.

19 Jan 2011 14:44 #14 by Ronbo

Local_Historian wrote: A camp ground right next door to our homes will depress property values a hell of a lot more. A parking lot for RVs to be stored will invite crime into our neighborhood. And it will provide an eyesore to be seen from the highway.

And who is going to camp right there anyway, when Staunton is being opened to camping? I for one do not see the appeal of camping right off the highway when an even better campground - likely cheaper- is available right up the road in the middle of the woods.

Staunton is not going to allow motor homes or travel trailers so there is a huge business opportunity for an RV campground at Shaffers Crossing.

19 Jan 2011 17:44 #15 by Local_Historian
Great. So we get the noise, the pollution, the bears, the eyesore. I'm against it.

19 Jan 2011 18:05 #16 by cydl
no, but sometimes the sound does seem to carry! ;-)

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds