Should Plastic Shopping Bags Be Banned?

07 Jun 2010 21:09 #1 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2010 21:10 #2 by Sunshine Girl
Or reusable bags.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

07 Jun 2010 21:13 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Should Plastic Shopping Bags Be Banned?
I hate reusable. They are all over the house.

07 Jun 2010 21:14 #4 by Sunshine Girl
rofllol I hate it when I leave mine in the car! :bash Bashing myself over the head. :Whistle

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

07 Jun 2010 21:31 #5 by The Viking

Sunshine Girl wrote: Or reusable bags.

They just had a story on the news this morning about how reusable bags aren't safe. No one really washes them and many times chicken, fish, or other meat blood and juices will absorb into the bags causing salmonila and other bacteria and diseases to grow. So unless you wash those reusable bags after bringing home meat, you may be carrying around diseases in your bag and putting other food on top of it like fruit that you may then touch or eat. Just an FYI.

07 Jun 2010 21:33 #6 by Sunshine Girl

The Viking wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: Or reusable bags.

They just had a story on the news this morning about how reusable bags aren't safe. No one really washes them and many times chicken, fish, or other meat blood and juices will absorb into the bags causing salmonila and other bacteria and diseases to grow. So unless you wash those reusable bags after bringing home meat, you may be carrying around diseases in your bag and putting other food on top of it like fruit that you may then touch or eat. Just an FYI.

Ok, that grossed me out but thanks for the info. Into the wash they will go. I will use paper for those items now.  :Thanks:

07 Jun 2010 21:38 #7 by ShilohLady
Sorry, I use the plastic bags for many things after they bring home the grocery items, please don't ban them!!

07 Jun 2010 21:41 #8 by The Viking

ShilohLady wrote: Sorry, I use the plastic bags for many things after they bring home the grocery items, please don't ban them!!

I agree. I use them for many things too. And I will use them for my garage sale too.

07 Jun 2010 21:42 #9 by The Viking
And oops on the spelling of salmonella.

07 Jun 2010 22:55 #10 by Sunshine Girl

The Viking wrote:

ShilohLady wrote: Sorry, I use the plastic bags for many things after they bring home the grocery items, please don't ban them!!

I agree. I use them for many things too. And I will use them for my garage sale too.

Oh gosh could I really be bad here. :wink: I think though if I made that comment I might just get banned. lol

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds