Oprah..What do you think of her?

19 Jan 2011 07:51 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Oprah..What do you think of her? was created by CinnamonGirl

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/life-as ... fraud.html

Just curious what others think of her. I remember the first time I saw her show, I was a stay at home mom with a little baby, and she was refreshing but it seems like money has skewed her thinking a bit and she just is not like us any more. I think her appeal was that she seemed to be just like all of us. She isn't anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2011 09:41 #2 by ScienceChic
I've only seen her shows after watching the 20th anniversary collection (which was awesome, BTW! I cried and laughed a lot!) so I don't really have a comparison to draw from. I've heard from others who do watch that her Favorite Things episodes are now more filled with stuff us commoners couldn't possibly afford. I wonder if it's because she's lost touch, or if she wants to share those items that most of us wouldn't buy when she does that show (of course, only the lucky audience members partake then).

I believe she's been such a powerful force bringing issues out in the open that were not so much before and helping so many people, that I will always respect her for that, no matter how much she may have changed. I'm curious to see what she does with her new network too...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Jan 2011 11:25 #3 by Nobody that matters
She seldom. if ever, crosses my mind without an external stimulus forcing the issue.

When she does come up in my thoughts, the name "Oprah" is synonymous with "Ego" - much like most other celebrities.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Jan 2011 14:10 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
A rich liberal demanding egotistical, look at me type.

20 Jan 2011 09:39 #5 by FredHayek
Her life story is pretty remarkable considering all she overcame, but I don't watch her show. I do like that she is very giving with her money.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Jan 2011 13:49 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
As long as the camera's are rolling when she does.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds