Skybeam Service for Conifer area - a bit of a rant

29 Jan 2011 15:47 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
on Thursday night, Jan 20th, our internet went down. We called Skybeam (we are old wispertel customers that were bought up when they sold) and we were told 10 days before a technician could get here. It ended up being 13 days as a tech was scheduled to come out on Monday, 31st. I called everyday. No change. I called and spoke with a manager. He told me that they didn't have enough techs for this area and the techs are doing 50 calls a day. really!?!?! 50 service calls a day? The last time our service went down, I was told that they were scrambling to get the equipment upgraded to handle all the new customers that were adding. There was no guarantee of the speed anymore because the more people they added, the more bandwidth was being eaten up. Our speed kept getting slower. It was over 3MB, but rarely ran over 1.5 for the last few months. I was told the equipment has not been upgraded and with all the snow storms we've had, that is the best they can do. really? snow storms??!?! this winter? really?
We started with Wispertel when they were new, we went through some growing pains with them but they got their act together and our service was fast and reliable. Then they sold the company. Since then the service has been slow and unreliable.
I am assuming that they must only have one tech working this area. Having your service down for almost two weeks because of their problem is inexcusable to us. This was the final straw for us and we fired them.

I called Qwest and Ev-Co for pricing and availability. Both provide service through DSL with 1.5 download speed. Qwest is $25/month and Ev-Co is between $50-$60/month. Well, that seemed to be a no brainer based upon cost for the same service - we went with Qwest and it's up and running. Anyone know why Ev-Co charges so much more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2011 11:12 #2 by Grady
Welcome to the world away from Skybeam (wispertel).

ECOHS does charge a slight upcharge from QWest, in most placed they are running over the Quest DSLMs. But their customer service is great. Thinking back on my bills I think it's about $20 per month over Quest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds