33 viruses?

09 Feb 2011 07:34 #1 by LopingAlong
33 viruses? was created by LopingAlong
Hi Tim, hope all is well with you.

My new computer is now telling me that I have 33 viruses that I can only be rid of if I pay to do so. I run Avast and it says I have no viruses and no problems. What should I do? It's just like when the old computer did this, remember? Do you need to see this one too? Also, how do I prevent this from happening? Is there a better software than Avast?

It also warned me that the site 285Bound was infected or something--that it was transferring data to an outside server. Again, nothing on Avast to corroborate that.
Heeelllpppp!

Thank you so much!
Tanya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2011 07:38 #2 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic 33 viruses?
PS For some reason, this post was posted before I pushed Send so I deleted the first one. Obviously having troubles here. Can you call me? Two of the warnings are : Lsas.trojan-spy.DOS keycopy and trojan-PSW.Win32.Fantast. Am signing out of internet now until I can talk to you and didn't want to call too early.
Thanks!

10 Feb 2011 06:46 #3 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic 33 viruses?
Tim,
Thank you so much for calling! I love the Sandboxie thing--seems to be good insurance, easy to use, makes me feel better. Thank you for explaining about how I invited that virus in too. I never knew that clicking on an image could do that! Iam glad to have my 36 lethal trojans evaporated and dissolved too...even if they were phantoms looking for cash.
Thank you for helping me and my computer!!!!

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds