The Five Worst Ideas for Alcohol Ever

11 Feb 2011 10:31 #1 by jf1acai

Unlike pizza, which is good even when it's not, there is such thing as bad alcohol. And over the years, there has been plenty of it. Whether it's an effort to stand out on crowded liquor store shelves, or a misguided attempt at targeting an under-served segment of the drinking public, there are some taste sensations man was not meant to be subjected to.

These unholy concoctions span the ages, though mostly crop up in the latter half of the 20th century and beyond as brewers and distillers began to experiment with new technologies and techniques. Sadly, most of the most egregious offenses took place here in the good old U.S. of A. That shouldn't surprise anyone, given that the American spirit of adventure does tend to encourage minds eager to sally boldly forth and try something no sane man or woman would dare allow ferment in even their worst nightmares. Below are some of those nightmares in all their high-proof glory.

Read More...

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2011 11:57 #2 by ScienceChic
Ewwwww...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Feb 2011 12:38 #3 by jf1acai

Ewwwww...

I'll drink to that! :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

11 Feb 2011 13:02 #4 by Grady
Bacon flavored vodka in a bloody mary, might just work. :drunk:

11 Feb 2011 14:50 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Five Worst Ideas for Alcohol Ever
Sorry but martinis are the worst thing ever. Tastes like Gasoline and beer makes me sick. Give me a butter baby or Khalua and we are all good.

11 Feb 2011 15:35 #6 by ScienceChic
Mmmm, martinis...CG maybe you just haven't had one made well! They're delicious! Especially dirty!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Feb 2011 18:11 #7 by jf1acai
Gin, the best reason ever to quit drinking! :wink:

Gin became popular in England after the government allowed unlicensed gin production and at the same time imposed a heavy duty on all imported spirits. This created a market for poor-quality grain that was unfit for brewing beer...

Source

:lol:

11 Feb 2011 23:03 #8 by ScienceChic
Martinis should only be made with vodka!

11 Feb 2011 23:05 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Five Worst Ideas for Alcohol Ever
A very good friend of mine use to love martinis. I tried it once and gagged. Plus khalua and milk help cut the sugar sweetness. I have blood sugar issues and the milk tones it all down. I can't handle wine. Too much sugar.

12 Feb 2011 07:31 #10 by Grady

Science Chic wrote: Martinis should only be made with vodka!

I've been moving from Sapphire (gin) to Ketel One (vodka) for martinis. But there is nothing like a well made Gin (Tanquary) and tonic on a hot summer's day.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds