Why IP Laws Are Blocking Innovation

14 Feb 2011 10:48 #1 by jonascripe
The White House is asking us to give them ideas on what is blocking innovation in America. I thought I'd give them an honest answer. Here it is: Current intellectual property laws are blocking innovation. President Obama just set a goal of wireless access for everyone in the US, saying it will spark innovation. But that's only true if people are allowed to actually do innovative things once they are online. You have to choose. You can prop up old business models with overbearing intellectual property laws that hit innovators on the head whenever they stick their heads up from the ground; or you can have innovation. You can't have both. And right now, the balance is away from innovation

http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/02/11 ... Innovation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Feb 2011 11:08 #2 by Nobody that matters
What's blocking innovation? The burden of government! People are laying low because God only knows where the feds are going to stick their pork bloated sticky fingers next.

It's not worth it to take risks right now in America. It's easier to sit tight, let some other ground hog stick his head up first and get it blown off.

The white house just needs to look in a mirror to get a really clear view of what's killing our economy.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

14 Feb 2011 12:42 #3 by conifermtman
Patent trolls are a big problem in tech. Just do a google search on "patent trolls". Some of these stories are just ridiculous.

18 Feb 2011 13:12 #4 by jonascripe
pretty much every related law is only holding tech back we would be better off without most of them.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds