Probably a stupid question but

12 Mar 2011 19:53 - 12 Mar 2011 22:15 #11 by Opus007
I won't argue Jeffco but I will argue education. It has gotten totally out of hand. Try getting change from a young person. We need to rethink what we are doing. I suspect we spent more educational dollars on administration, transportation, building cost, and maintenance than we do on educating the student. Closing schools only increses class size. And we know that is not a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2011 21:42 #12 by major bean

Opus007 wrote: Lets not approach the problem of the most costly item in the State Of Colorado. If everyone is happy with the educational system, who am I to make waves.

What you are saying is if your approach is not the agreed solution, then we are happy with the educational system and do not wish to discuss it. That is rather closed minded. The answer might be quite the opposite of what you suggest as the answer. The direction that you propose only makes the situation worse.

I suspect that discussion of money will not answer the educational problem. Money is always the answer at every election. And it is always for the "children". Give it up!

Regards,
Major Bean

12 Mar 2011 21:51 #13 by Opus007
Please don't put words in my mouth. My appoach is only looking for a solution rather than excepting the status quo. I would view any suggestion of yours with and open mind. Do you have a cure for the problem or do you see no problem with the status qou ?

15 Mar 2011 09:26 #14 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Probably a stupid question but
Agreed, Opus007... Some NEVER want status qou, they want more & more until the state is in the sh*tter, i.e. Calif.
Private Schools is the way to go, the demand for GOOD teachers will surpass the need BAD teachers, and thus giving everybody a better education, But as we know can't get rid of the BAD teachers, because they're union is too powerful, and gives too much money to mainly the leftist...
Cut the bennies, and increase the MERIT PAY for teachers, is another way.
I get a 100% match for my 401K, and after 31 years that's it, we're not even sure if severance will be granted if lay-offs happen. WHAT makes teachers better than me, or my workers? I teach my folks stuff daily, I want teachers bennies, and I could have retired 10-12 years ago.

(Edited: IMHO!)
(Edited again, THE PARNETS ARE ALSO TO BLAME! They need to take an actuive roll in their kids, and not consider the public school system as a babysiting service. If parnets have a VESTED intrest in the education their kids are getting, THEY WILL PAY {no pun} more attention.)

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds