Cancun, a "Mexican Grille" and "Tequila Bar"

10 Jul 2011 22:32 #11 by The Viking
How do the prices compare to the portioins in your opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2011 20:11 #12 by Blazer Bob
We tried it tonight. My wife had a Chile Verde with no rice and a side of pico which she loved.

Our friend had a bean burrito with guacamole, sour cream and pico on the side. She also thought it was great.

I had a Chile Verde with extra spicy sauce. I thought it was mildly spice at best but combined with the flavor, I have to give it an excellent.
( I should caveat by saying that about 80% of my taste buds were casualties during the balut/San Miguel uprising back in 79.)

We had two dishes of salsa. The first was as Pineinthegrass described it but the second was red and a little spicy which everyone liked much better. We did ask about it and were told they both came from the same batch. Maybe one was scooped off the top and the second from the bottom or after it was stirred?

In summary we will definitely be back.

18 Jul 2011 14:48 #13 by pineinthegrass
We went a second time and enjoyed it.

I had the sizzling fajitas and they were served sizzling on iron. I tried both the grilled chicken and the steak. The meat was nicely seasoned and good and tender. It was cut in smaller pieces than other places I've tried, but that's fine with me. The dish comes with three thick flour tortillas wrapped in foil so they were nice and hot and soft. Also included was a large bowl of shredded cheese, big scoops of sour cream and guacamole, plus some pico de gallo on lettuce. It was very good. The dish was very large and you could probably request one extra tortilla and then share it with a 2nd person (I had a lot of left overs). You could always add an appetizer or desert if you want more. I can't compare it to 3M's, since I haven't tried theirs, but Cancun's cost about $2 less.

The salsa was improved over our last visit. It now has more stuff in it for added flavor. It's still not very spicy, but it doesn't have to be since you could always add some Tobasco sauce if you wish.

Freebird got a 2 item combo with a chile relleno and a cheese enchilada. This time the plate was piping hot, and the food much warmer. She liked it. The only quibble was some cheese in the enchilada still wasn't melted on one end. Very good deal for the price.

Once again, the service was great.

18 Jul 2011 15:36 #14 by LOL
Thanks for the reviews everyone, gotta try this place soon.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 Nov 2011 17:04 #15 by FisherGirl26
Rumor has it that Cancun's is closed....Has anyone heard of this?

28 Nov 2011 19:05 #16 by pacamom
Yep. It's closed. They moved the broasted chicken to DW's Diner.

29 Nov 2011 09:45 #17 by Grady

pacamom wrote: Yep. It's closed. They moved the broasted chicken to DW's Diner.

No wonder I couldn't find the broasted chicken store. :wink:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds