× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Drug users in sports

24 May 2010 18:30 #11 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Drug users in sports
My take is that Landis has absolutely no credibility, is angry, and wants to take down as many with him as he can. Are his accusations true? Would love to find out the truth - I don't doubt a good number of them are. I hope Armstrong isn't, but considering his attitude it wouldn't surprise me either, just disappoint. Unfortunately, we'll never be rid of drugs and cheaters, we can only keep trying to catch them.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2010 18:06 #12 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Drug users in sports
I'm wondering if catching them is so important? It seems there have got to be more beneficial ways of using the money spent on catching athletes doping. It seems like such a waste of money. Why is this so important? Who are we protecting? The athletes? The sponsors? Our idealistic standards? Our moral values?

Regarding Armstrong; I've always rooted for him, and likely will continue to do so. He's never been caught in drug tests, but my suspicion is he is not clean. He may have started out that way, clean, and he may be that way now (given his performances), but I think ounce the Tour rolls around he will be using something very wisely. Root to my suspicion comes from his sudden resurgence during the third week of the TF. Let's see if the same pattern happens again this year. Your thoughts?

30 May 2010 20:01 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Drug users in sports

Science Chic wrote: My take is that Landis has absolutely no credibility, is angry, and wants to take down as many with him as he can. Are his accusations true? Would love to find out the truth -

Of course they are true...

My first cousin played in the major leagues for 12 years for the Cubs, Cards, Mets, Giants, Seattle, Houston and Dodgers..Everybody was doing it and you would to because if you get to the majors for just one day you get a pension starting at age 42 until you die, and every year you're in the big leagues it grows. You're set for life! And I'd do just about anything for a 30 million dollar contract. I don't anybody feels bad about using steroids, I know I wouldn't.

And everybody in the major leagues or the NFL is incredibly talented Mike.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds