× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Junior Seau Dead at 43, reported suicide

02 May 2012 13:27 #1 by ScienceChic
What a senseless loss. Thoughts are with his family.

http://www.my247.com/wap/news/text.jsp? ... &from=home

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2012 13:47 #2 by ComputerBreath

02 May 2012 15:18 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Roids do wierd things to the mind.
He has had a rough last few years getting arrested, fighting etc.

02 May 2012 17:18 #4 by Grady

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Roids do wierd things to the mind.
He has had a rough last few years getting arrested, fighting etc.

Some people have a hard time stepping away from the limelight. I always him.

02 May 2012 21:34 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Not really, steroids have a way of destroying the mind.
Jr has had a bad last few years, domestic violence, driving his car of a cliff, bar brawling, etc.
I had a freind that did roids for years it was his demise as he shot it out with cops and then took his life in the end.
To be the best you must sacrifice, and to do this you make a severe sacrifice.

02 May 2012 22:07 #6 by otisptoadwater
What a terrible loss, Junior was a giving man who cared so much for those who were less fortunate. His contributions to charity are something we should all aspire to. From his humble beginnings let an ever lasting tradition of charity begin.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

03 May 2012 06:01 #7 by FredHayek
I was guessing more concussion related mental issues. Troubled life.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 May 2012 05:26 #8 by Photo-fish

FredHayek wrote: I was guessing more concussion related mental issues. Troubled life.

I think you are absolutely correct with your guess. Shooting himself in the chest left his brain intact so it can be studied for TBI related illness. There has been a trend of this recently for athletes formerly involved in violent sports that have killed themselves.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jan 2013 21:17 #9 by Photo-fish
Seau Suffered From Brain Disease (chronic traumatic encephalopathy)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/sports/football/junior-seau-suffered-from-brain-disease.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Researchers at Boston University, who pioneered the study of C.T.E., have found it in 33 of the 34 brains of former N.F.L. players they have examined.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

11 Jan 2013 23:27 #10 by FredHayek
The Denver Post had a story about this. Neither of Seau's sons are choosing to play football. These brain injuries might really hurt the NFL.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds