× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Wimbelton

29 Jun 2012 06:57 #1 by Rockdoc
Wimbelton was created by Rockdoc
Anyone tracking the happenings there? Who will take the Men's draw? Who will it be in the Women's side?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2012 07:08 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Wimbelton
I would love to see a Rodger Raffa final. I just can't get into the women quite as much but I sure love Wimbelton. But I do watch Wimbelton women. I was shocked to see Sharapova finally win the French. You know I am watching RD.

29 Jun 2012 07:29 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Wait a minute. How did I miss that Raffa is out! OMG.... How do you win the french open and lose that early in Wimbledon?

29 Jun 2012 10:10 #4 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Wimbelton
All it takes is a stopper ranked 100 playing out of his mind. That is how its done. I was rooting for the joker to loose today. After first set he took charge. I think he and Roger are in the same half of the draw.

I like Sharapova. A feisty, keep competing type of player who is not afraid to take risks. She had a good match today, meaning she had to earn it. Not fun simply following game casts, my only option now.

29 Jun 2012 10:40 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Did you see the Raffa match. What happened? I heard he got a little physical bumping into the other guy on the sidelines. The biggest thing that has happened to that other kid. Happy for him at least. I watched part of joker's match and saw he lost first set but knew he would come back.

So, basically the finals will most likely be played in the semis with them both being on the same side of the draw.

29 Jun 2012 11:30 #6 by Rockdoc
Roger needs to get that far. He just dropped the first set and does not seem to be playing all that well. No TV coverage available to me, only internet.

29 Jun 2012 20:02 #7 by Rockdoc
Roger survives to play another day. It was a brutal match, but one that I think will benefit him in the long run. This assumes he gets over being weary.

30 Jun 2012 07:14 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Baghdatis is going to play Murray later. And Roddick usually plays well on grass but I can't believe he is seeded 30th now. i like watching Roddick because he does have a wicked serve. Serena is on right now. I do not respect her her at all. And let's be real, Fed is not going to beat Novak.

01 Jul 2012 10:51 #9 by Rockdoc
Now we know that Murray won in 4, Roddick is out, Serena survived, as did Fed. On any given day any player is beatable. Novak is not immune to being taken out. I'd like to see he and Roger go at it with Roger coming out on top. Having said that, I recall thinking last year that Roger lost a step. He seemed slow at times. I've not seen him play this year (only get soccer). We shall see what Monday brings.

Italy is going to lift the Euro crown tonight. THey better after beating Germany.

04 Jul 2012 09:28 #10 by Rockdoc
Ok. We're set. Roger agains Novak in the semi finals. Let's hope he can put a dent in Novak's run and take another grand slam event.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds