× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Broncos Dumervil arrested in Miami

15 Jul 2012 15:26 #1 by otisptoadwater

Courtesy: Miami-Dade County

KUSA - Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil was arrested Saturday in Miami.

Dumervil is accused of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to Miami Beach Detective Vivian Hernandez.

His bond was set at $7,500.

Dumervil's attorney Harvey Steinberg told ESPN's Adam Schefter quote, "No charges have been filed. No aggravated assault or assault took place. And it is likely that once the full investigation is complete, no charges will be filed against Mr. Dumervil."

Read more: http://www.9news.com/news/article/277822/188/Broncos-Dumervil-arrested-in-Miami

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2012 17:19 #2 by Arlen
Why is there a bond required if there are no charges?

15 Jul 2012 17:42 #3 by otisptoadwater
It's a valid question but since I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, I'm going to let someone else provide the answer because I don't know how bail bonds work in Florida.

I have more selfish concerns as a fan inflicted with Broncomania, this years team can't afford to lose key players before the preseason has even begun. T minus 26 days until kick off at Soldier Field when our preseason Broncos challenge the Bears @1830 MDT!

The 2012 schedule is posted here --> http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2012/preseason1/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Jul 2012 18:01 #4 by FredHayek
Dumber-ville? Or are the Broncos stupid for giving him millions?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jul 2012 18:40 #5 by otisptoadwater
I can't say I support Dumervil's decision to flash a pistol around on a public highway, that's on him and I'm sure he's suffering the consequences of his actions to some limited degree. Let's face it, when you own an NFL team you aren't employing a bunch of choir boys (Tebow being a possible exception). I'm sure that the Broncos have a team of lawyers on retainer to handle these kinds of episodes and minimize the impact of any crime committed by a player whenever they can if the player is valuable to the team.

If Dumervil is healthy this season I want to see him on the field in a Broncos uniform sacking opposing Quarterbacks.

29 Jul 2012 10:06 #6 by FredHayek
Think the NFL will suspend him for four games? The commish hates that crap.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jul 2012 19:50 #7 by Something the Dog Said
Dumervil starting to earn respect back. Don't think it is a PR ploy.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_211 ... -childress

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds