× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

You heard it here first! Tebow will be a Jaguar

27 Dec 2012 16:05 #11 by ScienceChic
You mean last year, when the Jags couldn't wrap up the deal to get him and he went to NY instead? Doesn't count Darlin'! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 17:39 #12 by pineinthegrass
You heard it here... second!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)

Tim Tebow won't be playing for his hometown team.

The Jacksonville Jaguars made it clear Thursday that they have no plans to pursue the popular and polarizing New York Jets backup quarterback.

The Jets are likely to release the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and Jacksonville native during the offseason, and many believed Tebow would land with the Jaguars.

But new general manager David Caldwell nixed that idea at his introductory news conference.

''I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar - even if he's released,'' Caldwell said.

And Caldwell won't get any pushback from his new owner.

Shad Khan, who made a run at Tebow last year, said it was Caldwell's call.

''It's not my decision,'' Khan said. ''I want to do whatever to help this team win. Who the players are is really the general manager's and coaches' - it's a football-side operation decision. It's really not my decision.''

What has changed for Khan in the 10 months since he wanted Tebow?

''I'm telling them to take a look at Tebow and they're saying, `We're going to go in a different direction,''' Khan said. ''That's the difference.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-no-longer-want-tim-tebow-011013

10 Jan 2013 17:41 #13 by LOL
Dang, VL gets scooped again!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jan 2013 20:21 #14 by Rockdoc
What will be interesting is where if anywhere Tebow ends up playing. I still believe he has something that can not be coached, though unconventional he is a leader. Period. He inspires people to perform better when around him. What Tebow offers is in the intangibles, something that takes vision and creativity, commodities that most NFL teams lack. Most are nothing more than copy cat organization without guts.

10 Jan 2013 20:39 #15 by otisptoadwater
Good guys always land on their feet, Tim will turn up somewhere in the NFL if the Jax deal doesn't go through. I'm a Tebow fan because of his integrity and love for the game, as much as his popularity soared during his time with the Broncos he never let it go to his head. Tim is the kind of player that respects his team and does what the coaches tell him to do instead of putting an agent between himself and the team. Most of all, Tim Tebow is a play maker and I hope someone in the NFL see the raw potential in him and takes the time to develop Tim in to what he has the potential to become.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

13 Jan 2013 17:59 #16 by FredHayek
Tebow? Last Bronco QB to win a playoff game.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Jan 2013 19:52 #17 by Raees
The Manning playoff game was much closer. 45-10 shows how mismatched Tebow was.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds