× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Excessive Celebration Disqualification?

06 May 2013 13:56 #1 by FredHayek
At a track meet in Texas, the winning runner in a relay pointed his fingers to the sky and the whole team was DQ'd for excessive celebration. the runner said he pointed his fingers at the sky to thank and praise god, but the track offical said the DQ wasn't about seperation of church and state, but about excessive celebration.

:smackshead: Either way, I think the judge was out of line. Excessive celebration penalites made sense to me when it was about putting down the losing athletes and/or slowing down the game. But to deny players the freedom to be happy with their effort takes some of the joy of sports away. It is like they want these high school and college players to be automatons who after winning only silently go back to the bench.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2013 14:04 #2 by bailey bud
silly bull crap --- he could have danced a jig for all I car - you win, you win ---- enjoy your win!

06 May 2013 14:13 #3 by Rick
Where can I find the story? There must be something more to it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 May 2013 15:06 #4 by FredHayek
Yahoo sports is where I saw the story.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 May 2013 20:19 #6 by Rick

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds