× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

18 Oct 2013 10:09 #461 by ScienceChic
VL, you're getting on my nerves. Go complain about us some more on 285Bound or EvergreenBound, I'm sure they love it.

The true Standings as of the beginning of this week (not adding in Viking's win last night yet):
Blondie 20-9-1
LOL 18-11-1
Big Dougy 17-13
The Viking 16-12-2
ComputerBreath Overall 16-13-1
pacamom Overall 16-13-1
Argyle Overall 15-13-2
PrintSmith Overall 15-13-2
Science Chic Overall 15-14-1
fly off the handle Overall 13-15-2
freebird Overall 9-20-1

RenegadeCJ wrote:
Week 7 Opening Spreads
http://m.covers.com/Odds/NFL/

Thurs, Oct 17th
Seattle -6 @ Arizona

Sunday, Oct 20th
Tampa Bay +7 @ Atlanta
Chicago +1 @ Washington
Dallas +3 @ Philly
New England -6 @ NY Jets
Buffalo +10 @ Miami
St Louis +4.5 @ Carolina
Cincy +2.5 @ Detroit
San Diego -9 @ Jacksonville
San Fran -6.5 @ Tennessee
Cleveland +11 @ Green Bay
Baltimore +2.5 @ Pittsburgh
Houston +3 @ KC
Denver -6.5 @ Indy

Monday, Oct 21st
Minnesota +6.5 @ NY Giants

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2013 10:21 - 18 Oct 2013 10:26 #462 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Science Chic wrote: VL, you're getting on my nerves. Go complain about us some more on

I was upset about the quality of posters, and tone in the courthouse SC...You're not included in that, you're nice and friendly, but the Courthouse has become the 285 corridors cess pool, all the crap goes there. Its not your fault- It seems that the most angry ignorant lunatic fringe desperately needs to shout out their opinions to the world. There are a lot of Eisenhower republicans up here but they don't need to try to influence others with stupid extreme right wing links.. They just don't post here or email everyone they know like these retards...You know, normal people-

THe Courthouse is ugly, and it feels bad...The people are ugly and ignorant

18 Oct 2013 10:25 #463 by ScienceChic
You only have to look in The Mirror to see who's creating much of that cesspool crap in the CH. Name-calling and derogatory comments are your modus operandi these days. How about making it outrageous and fun like you used to? I miss that VL...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Oct 2013 10:42 #464 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: You only have to look in The Mirror to see who's creating much of that cesspool crap in the CH. Name-calling and derogatory comments are your modus operandi these days. How about making it outrageous and fun like you used to? I miss that VL...

The stupidity gets to me SC......I'm aware of it, I understand my responses are inmature, so I try to avoid political threads- but my kids and grandkids have to live in this world with these knuggledraggers. Some days the stupidity doesnt bother me, some days it does, i've tried to determine why that is...

When I go to a new board its all happy and jokes, and I really enjoy myself because I don't hate everyone there, but I've lost respect for 80% of these people so this is what comes out....

18 Oct 2013 10:43 #465 by UNDER MODERATION
I'll try SC

18 Oct 2013 10:47 - 18 Oct 2013 10:55 #466 by UNDER MODERATION

LOL wrote: Lets get back to picking games. I only apologize for contributing to the drama nonsense/distractions.

I'm gonna walk out turn around and come back in..Lets all try to get along now..

Nop more drama please?

The lines and standings are clear, there should be no more new misunderstandings or drama queenage......ok Viking?

18 Oct 2013 10:51 - 18 Oct 2013 10:54 #467 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote: Start with Seattle tonight

WAIT JUST A DARNED MINUTE HERE!

SC..They kicked off at 6:00pm and the Seahawks were up by 7 points when this was posted?

He's past posting us!

Late betting or past posting is making a bet after the time when no more bets are to be taken. It is considered cheating; information may have become available, including the outcome of the event, that was not available to those making earlier bets.

The term past posting originates from horse racing where a bugler sounds a "call to the post" just before the race begins. This is also the signal that no more bets can be taken. Any bets made after that time occur after or past "the post".

In other forms of gambling, the dealer may announce "No more bets" or wave their hand over the table in a specific manner. In roulette game for example, past posting refers to placing a bet after the ball lands in a pocket. The player has to distract the dealer's attention to be able either to move the bet to or to place a bet on the winning number. Past posters in roulette games play in teams. According to most cheating strategies the player who succeeded in placing a past posting bet and did not get caught is to make a few more bets (now legal) and leave the table.[1]

This was more feasible in the days before live television or radio broadcasts of sporting events. It is featured especially in the 1973 film The Sting, which was set in 1936, as the basis for the successful con played on Doyle Lonnegan, played by Robert Shaw. In this case they used the wire transmissions of Western Union before they were made public to find results of already run races. In addition, Came a Hot Friday, set in 1949, and starring Peter Bland, showed a less elaborate practice of past posting, but in this case, the ruse all went wrong.

18 Oct 2013 10:53 #468 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
I'll take a side bet of $1Million dollars on that there WILL be plenty more drama before this contest ends. Any takers? :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Oct 2013 11:01 #469 by ScienceChic

Big Dougy wrote: I'll try SC

Thank you. I think you'll find that making the choice to respond to people you like and have fun with will in turn make you happier, and we'll all have more fun!

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote: Start with Seattle tonight

WAIT JUST A DARNED MINUTE HERE!

SC..They kicked off at 6:00pm and the Seahawks were up by 7 points when this was posted?

He's past posting us!

He posted his pick at 6:11pm and kick-off is at 6:20pm. He got it in, in time.

LOL wrote: I'll take a side bet of $1Million dollars on that there WILL be plenty more drama before this contest ends. Any takers? :)

Ummm, no. :wink:

18 Oct 2013 11:12 #470 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: SC..They kicked off at 6:00pm and the Seahawks were up by 7 points when this was posted?

Well, obviously i'm going to need just a little more than your word on that SC. My TV Guide says 6pm

Time to create page: 0.735 seconds