× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Sports meets Capitalism

18 Oct 2013 06:47 #1 by LOL
Sports meets Capitalism was created by LOL
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/ ... -one/?_r=0

Here ya go Dougy, a new way to gamble. Now you can invest and buy a share in your favorite NFL star.

"First, there was old-fashioned gambling on football. Then came the fantasy leagues. And now, thanks to Wall Street, fans can buy a stake in their favorite player."

"Shares will trade exclusively on an exchange operated by Fantex. The tracking stock will increase in value if Mr. Foster raises his earnings potential with standout play or increased sponsorships."

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2013 07:04 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sports meets Capitalism
David Bowie did something like this in music a few years ago. I would be more inclined to invest in a musician than an athlete who could end his career in one play.
But it would be kind of cool to own one framed share in PeytonManning.com.
Like the people who own a share of the Green Bay Packers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Oct 2013 11:32 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Sports meets Capitalism
Would anybody be interested in buying a share in my personality? I'm in the minor leagues now but I have the potential to strike it big on the internet at any time. My persona crosses all borders and appeals to just about all cultures..

Aboriganies don't get it

18 Oct 2013 12:03 #4 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Sports meets Capitalism
I'll trade you 1 Tim Tebow share for 10 Big Dougy shares? :)

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Oct 2013 13:42 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sports meets Capitalism
Rumours are that Cleveland Browns are talking to Tebow to take over for their current hated QB.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Oct 2013 15:32 #6 by UNDER MODERATION

FredHayek wrote: Rumours are that Cleveland Browns are talking to Tebow to take over for their current hated QB.

Just walk in an take over huh? Timmy couldnt learm Josh Mcdoushags offense after 2 years in it, and he's going to learn Clevelands in two days?

Youre an idiot

19 Oct 2013 15:41 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Sports meets Capitalism
Dude, keep up the insults and your posts are going to start getting split out again. This is the Sports Field, not the Ring. Friendly competition and good sportsmanship...remember you said you were going to try? Fred didn't say he thought that Cleveland was going to pick him up, just that the rumors are that it's going to happen - he didn't give his opinion one way or the other. Sheesh.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Oct 2013 15:49 #8 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Sports meets Capitalism
FYI I did some more research on the so-called Fantex co IPO and it looks like a scam. I don't recommend it, it was interesting though. Stick to Vegas betting and Pick-5 much safer and more fun. :)

19 Oct 2013 15:58 #9 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: Dude, keep up the insults and your posts are going to start getting split out again. This is the Sports Field, not the Ring. Friendly competition and good sportsmanship...remember you said you were going to try? Fred didn't say he thought that Cleveland was going to pick him up, just that the rumors are that it's going to happen - he didn't give his opinion one way or the other. Sheesh.

He says such stupid things, so stupid that I know there's no rumour that he's "going to take over"...Nobody but Fred would ever say that

19 Oct 2013 15:59 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

LOL wrote: FYI I did some more research on the so-called Fantex co IPO and it looks like a scam. I don't recommend it, it was interesting though. Stick to Vegas betting and Pick-5 much safer and more fun. :)

Don't worry, nobody even knows what you are talking about

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds