× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

NFL Fires Riddel, Helmet Maker

30 Oct 2013 07:05 #1 by FredHayek
Looks like the NFL wants to throw their current helmet maker under the bus in the concussion issue. It will be interesting to see what the new helmets look like and who will make them. Nike?
Maybe a softer version so that it is harder to use as a weapon. Maybe a bike or hockey type cover?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2013 21:07 #2 by PrintSmith
Agreed - go back to the leather helmets and see how often the players lead with their heads the way they do now. I promise you that they'll be keeping their heads up when they tackle if you take away that 3# hard shell. The gear worn today is so good that bad practices have resulted from the high levels of protection that the gear offers.

31 Oct 2013 17:11 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic NFL Fires Riddel, Helmet Maker
When I was winning all those Carnation bowls we were always a Schutt team...I wouldnt let my kids wear Adams, or Riddel and any of the other helmets, and it wasn't just because I had a per helmet deal with Schutt...They just looked so much cooler- The last thing I wanted was my team to look like the Great Gazoo with those big new age helmets, like the one Eli Manning wears..

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds