× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Super Bowl Fun

30 Jan 2014 12:54 #1 by HappyCamper
Super Bowl Fun was created by HappyCamper
Besides watching the game what fun Super Bowl things are you doing?

There will be about 8 - 12 of us where we are going anyone know of a fun football pool we can do besides the squares?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2014 13:58 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Super Bowl Fun
I printed out some of the better prop bets and was going to have people fill out sheets and give a prize to the guy who got the most right.
Example: Game time temp.
Which player will score the first touchdown?
Will it snow?
Will there be a safety?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jan 2014 18:03 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Super Bowl Fun
:YeahThat:

How about:

Which team wins the coin toss?
Will any kick be returned for a touchdown?
Which QB throws a pick six and will it happen more than once?
Will the game go into overtime? I sure hope not, I'm not sure my cardiac health is good enough to deal with that!

:denverbroncos:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Jan 2014 18:10 #4 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Super Bowl Fun
All great ideas please keep them coming as since some of the crowd will be younger trying to find things we can bet 0.50 on.

I think we are still going to do the standard grid but only at a buck a square what the younger crowd does not buy up the rest of us will.

When I say younger they are all over 21 but not much beyond that.

30 Jan 2014 19:52 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Super Bowl Fun
According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation :

Are you planning to host a Broncos Super Bowl party? Are you going to offer ‘friendly wagers’ and game day betting pools along with snacks? The CBI Gaming Unit offers these tips: Ensure that there’s a bona fide social relationship sharing a common interest when betting. The ‘house’ (or originator of the betting) CANNOT take a cut! All proceeds must be given out as prizes. Go Broncos!

We're having our usual crew over, decorating the house, and this year having a carnitas/taco bar. Should be fun!

And for some real fun! :BroadGrin:
[youtube:1a0nqonv]
[/youtube:1a0nqonv]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Jan 2014 20:28 #6 by HappyCamper
Food is a mixed bag for us I am bringing smoked salmon and my famous deviled eggs with bacon.

Others are bringing wings, veggie tray, cheese, chips and salsa and bacon wrapped shrimp anything with bacon I'm sure will be good.

We also have a possible for deep fried mac-n-cheese nothing wrong with that.

There will be plenty of :BeerSalute

All in all a great Sunday!!!

:Helmet: :Mane: :denverbroncos: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute :BeerSalute

30 Jan 2014 20:34 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Super Bowl Fun
HC,
Is it really smart to combine a cardiac style game like the Super Bowl with deep fried mac-n-cheese?
Will you also have a defibilator?

More prop bets: Who will score the first points? Hint: field goal kickers can be a good choice compared to choosing which of Peyton's 7 receivers will get the first TD.

Will either team try for two points after a touchdown?

Will Marshawn Lynch or NoShawn Moreno get the most rushing yards?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jan 2014 20:43 #8 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Super Bowl Fun
This year my little brother is hosting the Super Bowl party so we'll have 25-30 people in his house and we'll do the big brunch with the orange and blue pancakes, an omelet station, biscuits and gravy, big pot of green chili, hash browns, home fries, and all kinds of other pre-game breakfast food.

Wings and ribs this year for half time along with a smoked turkey and tons of cookies and snacks that the sister in law and her relatives and friends will bring.

No one is going home hungry and everyone is taking food home! Some of us will be sleeping off the Broncos victory party and taking a vacation day on Monday...

[marquee:1fg0mgrv] :denverbroncos: [/marquee:1fg0mgrv]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

01 Feb 2014 12:30 #9 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Super Bowl Fun

HappyCamper wrote: Besides watching the game what fun Super Bowl things are you doing?

There will be about 8 - 12 of us where we are going anyone know of a fun football pool we can do besides the squares?

01 Feb 2014 17:53 #10 by HappyCamper

FredHayek wrote: HC,
Is it really smart to combine a cardiac style game like the Super Bowl with deep fried mac-n-cheese?
Will you also have a defibilator?

More prop bets: Who will score the first points? Hint: field goal kickers can be a good choice compared to choosing which of Peyton's 7 receivers will get the first TD.

Will either team try for two points after a touchdown?

Will Marshawn Lynch or NoShawn Moreno get the most rushing yards?

Heard the fried mac-n-cheese will be there can't wait to me it is like Thanksgiving blow the diet for a day then get back on track.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds