× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2014 Pick 5 Contest!

15 Sep 2014 09:37 #91 by Rick

PrintSmith wrote: This week's results are goint to be ugly . . . at least for me. San Diego beat Seattle? Are you kidding me? The Bears beat the 49ers? Browns prevailed over the Saints? But I guess that's why they play the games . . .

I'm right with ya, except I even picked Denver beause I was sure they could easily beat that 12 pt spread against a beat up team at home.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2014 12:27 #92 by PrintSmith
It's the second week of the season and there are 7, count them 7, undefeated teams that remain to challenge the '72 Dolphins feat - and they are not teams you would expect to see there, excepting the Broncos of course. The Bills, Bengals, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Panthers and Cardinals are the teams that remain undefeated at this point, though I probably shouldn't include the Eagles just yet because they are playing tonight.

Looks like the remaining members of that 1972 Dolphins squad aren't going to have to wait long this year before the last undefeated team suffers their first one of the season. The way things are going right now no team will remain undefeated after September!

15 Sep 2014 17:14 #93 by LOL
I was surprised KC didn't go for two points when it was 21-16 in the 4Q ??? Why not make it a 3-point game.

And I'm glad the Chargers beat up on the Sea Hens, I'll take the loss. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Sep 2014 17:32 #94 by The Viking
I agree. 2 weeks in a row going 2-3. But if I remember, everyone started pretty slow last year too. I think I was well under .500 the first 4 weeks last year. It will turn around when we start to get to know the teams better. New Orleans has given me two of my losses this year. I think I am done picking them.

15 Sep 2014 17:38 #95 by LOL
Hey who is starting off slow? I think I was 3-2? And watch out for Pacamom I think she was 4-1? Whoohoooo

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Sep 2014 18:22 #96 by pacamom
I think I am 3-2 and 3-2.

Stupid Tampa Bay.

15 Sep 2014 18:34 - 15 Sep 2014 18:36 #97 by LOL
Aw shucks. I was trying to psych out the Viking and make him nervous. :)

Heck I'll take 3-2 every week and be happy. 60%

15 Sep 2014 18:43 #98 by The Viking
That won't psych me out. I was way down early on last year. Then the 5-0 and 4-1 weeks started. Anyone can win this year. Especially with this many playing. this will be a fun year.

15 Sep 2014 21:33 #99 by The Viking
Quite a few Indy losers tonight. Ouch.

15 Sep 2014 23:36 #100 by archer

The Viking wrote: Quite a few Indy losers tonight. Ouch.

Ouch doesn't even begin to describe it...... 1 and 4, next week I think I'll let my pups pick.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds