× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

NFL Players Kneeling During The Anthem

22 Oct 2017 17:23 #11 by ramage
Chargers 21 Broncos 0

Perhaps the Denver team does not play well in a half empty stadium.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2017 12:08 - 23 Oct 2017 12:09 #12 by ScienceChic
Considering there appeared to be more Broncos fans in attendance than Chargers fans, I think it's just that they aren't playing well right now period.

According to ESPN, attendance was 25,388 and capacity at the StubHub Center in LA is 27,000. One radio announcer for the Chargers estimated the crowd at 70% Broncos fans (see tweet below).

Broncos fans turned the Chargers' stadium into a Denver home game
By: Andrew Joseph | October 22, 2017

As the Chargers look to build a fanbase in Los Angeles, visiting fans have instead made a weekend out of road games in LA and taken over the 27,000-seat StubHub Center. That was the case once again for the Chargers’ game against the Broncos on Sunday.

Reporters at the game estimated that the Broncos fans made up a majority of the crowd, and the orange clothing definitely made the disparity stand out.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

23 Oct 2017 15:08 #13 by FredHayek
This Sunday's Bronco game was the first NFL game I watched in weeks. I showed up but it looks like the Bronco's offense boycotted the game. I should have spent my Sunday doing something more worthwhile.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Nov 2017 15:46 #14 by ramage
The Broncos have found a new way to attract fans:

From the Denver Post 11/15/17

Broncos, Bud Light giving away free beer in honor of Terrell Davis during Bengals game

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds