× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Tebows classless touchdown celebration

18 Oct 2010 21:49 #11 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: You are calling someone an attention whore?

Just because I get attention, doesn't mean I seek it...

Can I count on your vote CG?

VL you will never know.

As far as Tebow, I don't care what he thinks or believes I just want a good QB and a mobile one. I hope that is what he turns out to be. Jeez, Orton couldn't even bend over to try and get that fumble yesterday. LOL SC and EM.

I agree. Tebow would have at least been all over that lousy snap and we would have had at elast one more shot on 4th down. Orton looked like he gave up as soon as it went by him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2010 22:00 #12 by ScienceChic
CG - did you see this blurb on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com? Funny that we just talked about this!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... mill/2.php
NFL, union agree to cover ALS within "88 Plan"
Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2010 3:56 PM ET

Confronted with mounting evidence that men who participate in sports involving repeated blows to the head can cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, the league and the union have agreed to include ALS within the program that provides benefits to former players suffering from dementia.

Under the "88 Plan," named for Hall of Fame tight end John Mackey, players become eligible for benefits without having to prove that football caused the condition. It provides up to $88,000 for institutional care or up to $50,000 for custodial home care.

Of course, the decision also legitimizes the notion that a lifetime of football can cause a player to develop ALS after retirement.

A lifetime of football for some of these guys is 5 years or less - not convinced that a time span that short increases a person's risk that much. While I'm happy for them that they will receive compensation for care, IMO there needs to be more rigorous correlation found between head trauma and ALS for each patient.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Oct 2010 09:08 #13 by JusSayin

Science Chic wrote:

Confronted with mounting evidence that men who participate in sports involving repeated blows to the head can cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, the league and the union have agreed to include ALS within the program that provides benefits to former players suffering from dementia.

Maybe that’s what happened to Brett Favre…repeated blows to his little head caused lombarditrophic unilateral sexting to pretty sports reporters.

Makes sense...he even seems to suffer from dementia when asked about it.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds