× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Carmello traded to the NJ Nets?

14 Dec 2010 22:51 #11 by Wayne Harrison
It's interesting watching it play out on Twitter... now, there's a lot of this...

Carmelo has not been traded, source said.

Carmelo just tweeted:

IF U FOLLOWING ME PLZ STOP WITH THE @carmeloanthony RUMORS! I KNOW FOR FACT THAT EVERYTHING Y’ALL HEARING ISN’T TRUE. SO PLZZZ STOP!!

There was another local sports story last week about Jon Embree, it was denied and then it turned out to be true within a couple of hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2010 22:53 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Carmello traded to the NJ Nets?
Twitter is cool. I got a couple of good stories off there. Thanks for the tip. Time for Cinnamongirl to go to bed. Will find out in the morning.

Thanks for the scoop there Wayne.

14 Dec 2010 22:58 #13 by Wayne Harrison
Here's the last tweet of night that sums it all up:

Okay world. I'm going to bed. When I get up in 7 hours, I had better hear the truth about Carmelo Anthony.

15 Dec 2010 05:34 #14 by Wayne Harrison
New York Times: Three-Team Deal Could Affect Carmelo Anthony

The Nets, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Houston Rockets agreed in principle to a three-team deal Tuesday that involved three players. The trade’s most significant effect, however, could rest with a player who was not involved: Carmelo Anthony.

In sending the second-year forward Terrence Williams to Houston, the Nets gained two first-round draft picks to dangle in discussions with Denver concerning their dogged pursuit of Anthony, the Nuggets’ star forward.

The deal will be completed Wednesday, according to a person who was told of the deal by a team executive involved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/15/sport ... ibble.html

15 Dec 2010 08:07 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Carmello traded to the NJ Nets?
WhereDidMyVoteGo
LOL, your nic is bringing back memories. Wheredidmypostgo :popcorn:

15 Dec 2010 08:15 #16 by Wayne Harrison
Exactly. Your popcorn smiley isn't showing for me.

15 Dec 2010 08:28 #17 by Something the Dog Said

CinnamonGirl wrote: Has Melo really been with us for 7 years? Wow. Did not seem like that long ago. What is J.R. going to do without him?

Supposedly JR is to be traded to the Bulls after the Melo trade goes down.

It will be interesting if the Nuggets are truly in a rebuilding phase, then will Chauncey be traded to a contender? K-Mart will certainly not be resigned, so the Nuggets will only have Ty Lawson, Al Harrington, Nene, Birdman and Balkman under contract for next year, plus whatever they receive in trades..

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds