× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Uh oh. Bailey's house is up for sale.

17 Feb 2011 09:00 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Uh oh. Bailey's house is up for sale. was created by CinnamonGirl
Bad sign? Broncos' Champ Bailey puts house up for sale as free agency nears

Read more: Bad sign? Broncos' Champ Bailey puts house up for sale as free agency nears - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17 ... z1EETkjr9e
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2011 14:32 #2 by FredHayek
I like Champ and think he has been an asset, but he is getting old, and losing speed.
If it was my team, I wouldn't give him a 3 year contract.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 10:22 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Uh oh. Bailey's house is up for sale.
Really-Nobody in the league can cover NFL recievers. They are both the fastest and most agile atheletes on earth and the guy that knows where he is going will always have the advantage, so.

If you don't get pressure on the QB, he will complete almost 95% of his passes no matter who's covering who..You casual fans always over estimate the value of the skill positions. Only about 5 running backs in history could get yards behind a bad line, (Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown maybe) and not to many corners in history can cover a guy for more that 1 or 2.5 seconds. Take that from a guy that played 6 years and coached 7, winning two Carnation Bowls. Champ stayin ain't gonna make a lick of difference with this team. You build a defense from the D-Line because it all starts and ends right there.

END OF SUBJECT

23 Feb 2011 04:40 #4 by Rockdoc
Nice to see that Champ is staying even if his house is up for sale. He is a quality character, not to mention an outstanding athlete. Loyalty he exudes spreads roots in team unity and that is what wins in the NFL, team unity, not individual me first and to hell with the team attitude aka Cutler. I'm glad Chicago got him and we got Champ. Clearly, people with real football knowledge understand his value or they would not have gone after him.

CG, I think you just misread the defense lol

23 Feb 2011 07:58 #5 by The Viking

24 Feb 2011 17:53 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Uh oh. Bailey's house is up for sale.
Bailey said putting his house up for sale before the contract deal came through was a "negotiating tactic and it worked."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... source=rss

25 Feb 2011 10:40 #7 by FredHayek
I bet Elway only winds up paying for (2) seasons and Bailey retires after that. The 4 years deal was a way to play with the salary cap.
Maybe Bailey can buy a nicer house now?

25 Feb 2011 11:56 #8 by RenegadeCJ
I would guess he will play CB for 2 more yrs, then move to safety....Unless of course we draft someone better. Just his presence alone in the locker room, plus his "play every play" attitude is worth the investment.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

25 Feb 2011 12:01 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Uh oh. Bailey's house is up for sale.
:yeahthat:

01 Mar 2011 15:46 #10 by FredHayek
Bailey was traded for Clinton Portis, well, Mike Shanahan just released Portis. Should Elway give him a shot?
Looks like the Broncos got the better part of that deal! Ironic that Shanny traded Portis to get rid of him and then wound up having to play him again.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds