Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Dec 2014 03:58 #1121 by DrMike
Know Who You Are

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.” (1 Corinthians 12: 17–18, NIV)

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, “John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?” Without missing a beat, John said, “No, I am not the Messiah.”

See, John knew what he was, but he also knew what he was not. It’s just as important to know what you’re not because if you don’t realize your limitations, you’ll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and may feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifting and calling, outside of what God anointed you to do. Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don’t let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you’re good at. Follow peace in your heart and know who you are because God created you just the way He wants you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and uniquely equipping me to fulfill my purpose. Help me to know my limitations. Help me to know my place in the body of Christ so that I can be effective and bring glory and honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2014 03:58 #1122 by DrMike
With Your Whole Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...” (Ecclesiastes 9:10, NIV)

When you do something to the best of your ability because you want to honor God, it opens the door to His blessing. That means it will be easier, it will go better, and you will accomplish more. That’s why no matter what we do, we should give it our best. This is especially true even in the little things. For example, when you’re doing the dishes or mowing the lawn, don’t drag around sour and frustrated. Mow with enthusiasm! Mow like you’re on a mission from God.

With every step, thank God that your legs work. Thank Him that you’re healthy and strong. At the office, don’t just do enough to get by. You’re not working unto people; you’re working unto God. Do it with your whole heart. When you volunteer at church, don’t wake up and think, “Awe, man. Why did I volunteer? I want to sleep in!” No, serve Him with all your heart because that’s what honors God. When you honor God, He’ll honor you. He’ll open the door to His blessing, and you’ll see increase in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to serve You with my whole heart and do everything to the best of my ability. Thank You for Your faithfulness and blessing in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

15 Dec 2014 07:01 #1123 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not give the Devil an opportunity to work.” (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful what we watch, what we listen to, what we read and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear by receiving God’s love and meditating on His promises. Receive His truth and speak His truth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You in faith declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I worship You and move forward in victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Dec 2014 05:11 #1124 by DrMike
Know Who You Are

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.” (1 Corinthians 12: 17–18, NIV)

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, “John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?” Without missing a beat, John said, “No, I am not the Messiah.”

See, John knew what he was, but he also knew what he was not. It’s just as important to know what you’re not because if you don’t realize your limitations, you’ll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and may feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifting and calling, outside of what God anointed you to do. Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don’t let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you’re good at. Follow peace in your heart and know who you are because God created you just the way He wants you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and uniquely equipping me to fulfill my purpose. Help me to know my limitations. Help me to know my place in the body of Christ so that I can be effective and bring glory and honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

18 Dec 2014 09:35 #1125 by DrMike
Deep Waters

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out.” (Proverbs 20:5, NIV)

You are equipped with everything you need to fulfill your passion and purpose in this life! Everything you need is on the inside of you — like deep waters. You draw those deep things out when you stay open and humble before the Lord. You draw those things out when you are submitted to His Word. That’s what makes you a person of understanding. Proverbs also tells us that a person of understanding delights in wisdom. A person of understanding is even-tempered. A person of understanding is not easily led astray and maintains peace and order. (Prov. 10:23; 15:21; 17:27; 28:2)

Don’t just live on the surface of life today. Draw from the resources that God has placed on the inside of you. As you keep your heart open by obeying the Word of God, His purposes will become clearer; His provision will be more clearly seen. His direction for you will unfold so you can move forward confidently in the direction of your dreams!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for equipping me with everything I need to be successful in life. I choose to humbly submit to You and obey Your Word so that I can be a person of understanding. Thank You for revealing Your plans and purposes for me as go down into the deep waters in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Dec 2014 09:24 #1126 by DrMike
Set the Tone

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.” (Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you think about? What’s the first thing you say? Do you set the tone for success, favor and blessing? Yesterday may have had some hardships or some difficulties, but it’s a new day. We should be on the lookout for God’s blessings.

The scripture tells us that the darker it gets in the world, the brighter it’s going to be for God’s people. The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter until the new day. Things may be bad all around you, people may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you’re going to shine. Be determined to set the tone for your day by praising God and speaking words of faith over your future. Be determined to shine. Stand strong in faith and set the tone for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone today to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me at all times in Jesus’ name! Amen!

23 Dec 2014 10:05 #1127 by DrMike
The Way to Enter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.” (Psalm 100:4, NKJV)

What an amazing privilege we have to enter boldly into His throne of grace. We serve a personal God who desires a relationship with us. We have access to Him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! But notice that today’s verse tells us that we shouldn’t just come to Him any old way. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What do we have to give that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We should always enter His gates with an offering of adoration from our hearts.

Praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits the praises of His people! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You alone are worthy of my praise. Today I declare that You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! Have Your way in me by the power of Your Holy Spirit. I honor You today and submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Dec 2014 07:45 #1128 by DrMike
The Lord is with You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...O favored one [endued with grace]! The Lord is with you! ...” (Luke 1:28, AMP)

You are favored today, and the Lord is with you! What does it mean to be favored by God? It means you have an advantage for success. You have God’s supernatural power to do what He’s called you to do. You have God’s power at work; you have God’s power at home; you have God’s power in your relationships — you are empowered to accomplish everything you need to today!

Receive His grace and favor today by thanking and praising Him. Declare that you are empowered by His grace. Declare that you have favor because God is with you. See yourself accomplishing what He’s called you to do and move forward in the blessing and victory He has in store!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace and favor in my life. Thank You for staying close to me. Help me to know Your ways and understand Your love so that I can accomplish all You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

26 Dec 2014 10:03 #1129 by DrMike
With the Angels

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.’ ” (Luke 2:13–14, NIV)

On the night Jesus was born, there were some shepherds out in the field. An angel appeared to them to tell them about Christ’s birth. Then suddenly, a host of angels appeared who were praising God.

Scripture tells us that there are angels in heaven singing God’s praises day and night. Think about this: When you praise God, you are joining with the angels in heaven! What an awesome thought that we can be one with the heavenly hosts when we worship.

As you celebrate Christmas Eve, take time to rejoice with the angels. Turn your thoughts toward Him because He is good and worthy of all our praise!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, what an awesome privilege it is to come before Your throne of grace and worship You. Thank You for sending Your son, Jesus, so that I can live forever and join the heavenly hosts in Jesus’ name! Amen.

29 Dec 2014 04:24 #1130 by DrMike
Go to the Place of Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Depart from here and turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan.” (1 Kings 17:3, ESV)

In the scripture, the prophet Elijah was living in a certain city. God said to him, “Leave this place and go down to the brook Cherith for I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.” When he got to the brook, every morning just like clockwork, the ravens brought him food. He had his provision; a prepared blessing. Here’s the key. Elijah didn’t have to try to find the ravens. He just had to get to where God wanted him to be and the ravens found him.

In the same way, there is a place where God has commanded you to be blessed. The ravens are already there — your provision, favor, abundance. The real question today is will you do what’s required to get to your place of blessing? Elijah could have said, “God, I don’t want to leave. I’m comfortable. I like it here. My friends are here.” But if he had stayed, he would have missed where he was commanded to be blessed.

Are you willing to do what God is asking you to do today? Listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit inside, follow His leading, and enter into the place of blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for leading me to a place of blessing. Thank You for sustaining me and empowering me to fulfill Your call on my life. I choose to follow Your leading so that I can be in the place You’ve called me to in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.856 seconds