Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Jun 2015 06:58 #1251 by DrMike
Growing Strong through Praise

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God.” (Romans 4:20 AMP)

Did you know that when you praise, you are putting your faith in action? And just as putting your physical body into action will make it grow strong, putting your faith in action through prayer, worship and thanksgiving will make it to grow strong, too!

Notice what this verse says about Abraham: No unbelief made him waver regarding the promise of God. What does it mean to waver? To waver means to go back and forth. It’s a very unsteady posture. Spiritual wavering is when we go back and forth in believing the promises of God. Wavering shows up in our words and actions. When you waver in your words, you are speaking contrary to God’s promises, and when we waver, we won’t see the blessing God has for us.

Scripture says that Abraham never had unbelief or doubting thoughts. He never wavered. He took captive every thought and stood strong through His praise and worship! That’s because praise makes you stable. It makes you strong. When you take time every day to praise and worship God, you’ll stand strong in faith just like Abraham and see the victory and blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I praise You because You are worthy! I thank You for every good and perfect gift You have for me today. I thank You for provision, healing, strength and joy. I praise You for abundantly supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2015 04:08 #1252 by DrMike
Send it Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I pray, O LORD; O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.” (Psalm 118:24–25, NKJV)

In scripture, David said, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.” We quote this verse often, but the next verse is very interesting. He goes on to pray, “Oh, Lord, I beseech You, send prosperity now.” He could have said, “Send it tomorrow. Send it next week. Send it, God, at least by December when my taxes are due.” No, David was bold. He had a lot of nerve. He said, “God, I’m asking You to do it for me today.”

How many people have ever prayed that prayer? You might say, “Oh, I can’t be that bold. I can’t ask God to do it right now. I can’t put my timetable on it. Surely, God wouldn’t do it today.” No, you have not because you ask not. And if it’s not God’s best, you don’t have to worry. Our asking is not going to override God’s plan. But if we never ask, how do we know it’s not happening because we’re not asking? It’s better to be bold and say, “God, these are the dreams You have placed in my heart. This is what I’m pursuing. I know You are a now God. So God, I’m asking You to give me favor and send it today!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for this day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I ask that You send prosperity now. Send healing now. Send deliverance today. Move mightily in my life as I rejoice in You in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

29 Jun 2015 03:39 #1253 by DrMike
Heaven’s Currency

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:22, AMP)

In the natural realm, we exchange money for the things we want and need. But in the spiritual realm, faith is what we exchange. The Bible tells us that when you pray, have faith, and you will receive it. Faith moves mountains. Faith pleases God. Faith is what opens spiritual doors. What is faith? It’s believing in God and His goodness. It’s knowing that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Faith is believing that the promises of God are true. It’s obeying His Word. Faith causes you to act.

Where does faith come from? It’s a gift from God. Everyone is given a measure of faith, but we have to steward it and help it grow. Romans tell us that faith grows by hearing the Word of God. The more you hear the Word of God, the more your faith will grow. The more your faith grows, the more you will see the promises of God come to pass in every area of your life. Remember, faith is heaven’s currency. So invest your faith by investing time in His Word!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me a measure of faith. Thank You for the gift of Your Word which is a light to my path and helps me grow in You. I choose to set my heart and mind on Your Word and listen as You speak Your truth to my heart in Jesus’ name. Amen!

30 Jun 2015 03:39 #1254 by DrMike
Open Windows

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Malachi 3:10, AMP)

God promises to open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings on you today! But, you have to do your part of this verse. Your part is to be a faithful tither and be obedient to the Lord with your finances.

The truth is, we are all just stewards over the resources God has given us. When we are good and faithful stewards, the Lord entrusts us with more. He opens the windows of heaven. Have you ever thought about what kind of blessing would be so great that there would not be room enough to receive it? It may be hard to comprehend, but that’s what God’s Word promises!

Today, make the decision to be a giver. Be a tither. The tithe is the first tenth of your income. As the scripture says, get ready to prove the Lord because He is faithful. Thank Him today because He is going to pour out abundant blessings on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You are so good! Thank You for choosing to bless me. Thank You for opening the windows of heaven in my life. I choose to be obedient to Your Word. I choose to be a giver. I choose to be a faithful steward of the resources You have entrusted to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Jul 2015 03:56 #1255 by DrMike
Don’t Be Afraid to be Different

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.” (1 Peter 2:11, NIV)

When you become a follower of Christ, your life becomes different. Everything about you becomes different. When we follow God’s commands, it means we do things differently from others. It means, instead of being offended, we choose love. Instead of insisting on our way, we serve others. It means, instead of trying to be right all the time, we build and lift others up.

This isn’t the way most people in the world act but that’s okay. We are called to be different. We are called to rise higher. We are called to be examples of God’s grace, mercy and forgiveness. It may not make sense to others but that’s okay. God will promote you to a new level of blessing and victory when you commit yourself fully to Him. Don’t live a life of mediocrity, live a life of excellence for God. Life a life pleasing to Him and don’t be afraid to be different!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for transforming me into Your image. I know that I am not like the world, I am set apart for You. Help me to love like You and be a light everywhere I go. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

02 Jul 2015 04:41 #1256 by DrMike
One Thing is Needed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...You are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed — or indeed only one. ...” (Luke 10:41–42, NIV)

Do you ever find that you have so much on your “to do” list that you don’t even know what to do next? The question is, is all of that really necessary? Scripture says there is only one thing needed in life and that is to sit at the feet of Jesus. When we sit in His presence, we get to know Him. We hear His voice and He shows us the way that we should go. When we don’t take time for Him, that’s when we feel the cares and worries of the world.

Today, take a moment to evaluate how you are spending your time. Tune out unnecessary distractions and tune in to His voice. Make time for Him every single day because that is the one thing that is needed!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to set my heart and mind on You. I choose to cast my cares and focus on what’s most important — hearing your voice so I can follow Your ways! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Jul 2015 03:51 #1257 by DrMike
Power in the Word

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your word have I laid up in my heart that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:11, AMP)

The Word of God is living and active! It’s powerful in our lives! Did you know that the Word of God has the power to protect you and keep you from sin?

God’s Word comes in written form, the Bible, but His spoken word can come in many other ways. In scripture, His word came through a burning bush, a still small voice, and even a donkey! He might speak to your heart through a friend or through a worship song. He may speak to you through creation. When He does speak, your spirit knows it. There is confirmation in your inner man. You know it’s His voice because He always speaks truth, and truth always sets you free!

Hold God’s Word close to your heart. Let it protect you. Meditate on His Word day and night. Let His truth transform you and lead you in the way everlasting!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which strengthens and protects me. Thank You for speaking truth to my heart. Help me hear Your voice more clearly so I can live a life pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Jul 2015 03:43 #1258 by DrMike
Being Spiritually Mature

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13, NIV)

Spiritual maturity isn’t measured by how long you’ve been a Christian, or how much you know, or how often you go to church. Spiritual maturity is measured by the way you treat other people. It’s measured by the love you allow to operate through you.

First Corinthians 13 tells us about the characteristics of love. When we are walking in love, we treat other people with courtesy and respect. Are you kind to the person at the checkout counter that may be moving too slowly? Are you gentle when you are driving down the highway and someone cuts you off? Are you patient with your family and coworkers? These are all ways we show love.

Scripture also tells us that love is patient. It is kind. It does not envy; it is not proud. It is not rude. Love is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love never fails. Notice that these characteristics don’t have anything to do with feelings. That’s because love is a choice. You can choose to walk in love toward people even when you don’t feel like it — and that’s what being spiritually mature is all about!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me so that I can show love to others. Teach me to be patient and kind and treat others the way You always treat me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Jul 2015 04:14 #1259 by DrMike
Joy in His Presence

Today’s Scripture

“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Psalm 16:11, NIV)

Are you experiencing the fullness of His joy? God promises that joy is found in His presence, and if you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then His presence is inside of you! Joy manifests when you focus your mind and heart on the Father and begin to praise Him for what He’s done in your life. The Bible says that He inhabits the praises of His people. When you begin to praise and thank Him, you are in His presence. It doesn’t matter where you are physically or what’s going on around you, you can access the joy that’s inside of you at anytime, day or night.

Know this: God wants you to experience His supernatural joy and peace at all times. That’s why He chose to live inside of you and give you an endless supply. Don’t waste another minute feeling overburdened and discouraged. Get in His presence where there is fullness of joy because the joy of the Lord is your strength!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for an endless supply of joy. Today, I choose to cast my cares on You and give You the praise, glory and honor You deserve. Let joy flow through me today so that I can be a witness of Your goodness to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Jul 2015 03:33 #1260 by DrMike
Be Delighted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, ESV)

Have you ever noticed that people will go to great lengths to do things that make them happy? They will work hard towards their goals or achieving a desired result. The delight themselves in their accomplishments. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying your work but God wants us to delight ourselves in Him. He wants us to find joy in serving Him.

That word “delight” actually means “to make soft and pliable.” It gives the picture of clay in the hands of the Potter. God wants us to be flexible with Him and allow Him to mold us and make us into His image. That’s when He can use You and that’s when He will give you the desires of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for your many promises and blessings. I yield myself to You, I delight myself in You and thank You for giving me the desires of my heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.908 seconds