Happy Birthday to HH the Dalai Lama

27 Jul 2010 10:34 #11 by RivendaleFarms
Wow, that was a curious turn to take from a simple happy birthday wish. Wayne is absolutely correct in that the Dalai Lama does not hold himself to be the leader of all Buddhism and in my experience I've found him to be a very humble, non-judgmental man and an inspiring teacher - neither his actions nor his words have ever led me to believe that he is out to "impress" anyone. The politics of the Chinese invasion of Tibet and the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism are not one and the same. I do find it curious that your friend appears to hold the Dalai Lama in such disregard, irrespective of the Buddhism sect which he practices.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2010 09:49 #12 by Nmysys
I am not convinced that he held him in disregard as much as he was answering my question at the time. I wrote an e-mail remarking that I had noticed that the Dalai Lama was to speak that weekend in Seattle, and basically asked if he and his colleagues were going to attend his speech. I knew only what I have read over the years, very limited, about the Dali Lama, and was surprised myself at the article he sent to me. I only wished to share that outlook, not to cast dispersions of any kind.

I am somewhat new myself to intellectual debate such as presented on this and the previous forum I was a member of. To me, debate is caused by presenting differing or opposing sides of issues. That is what I tried to do, without attacking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds