What Photoshop's Move to the Cloud Actually Means for You

18 Sep 2013 11:45 #11 by FredHayek
Good point about the cloud and privacy. I also hate the idea of a monthly charge. Which is another problem with a safe deposit box, plus sometimes banks can get flooded.

My wife's company backs up every night, sends it up to the cloud, and also sends the data to a offsite emergency office location every day. A little overkill for consumers but pretty smart for businesses.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2013 13:15 - 18 Sep 2013 16:59 #12 by archer
Our safe deposit box is free... Along with the checking and money market accts... Shop around.

18 Sep 2013 16:50 #13 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: Good point about the cloud and privacy. I also hate the idea of a monthly charge. Which is another problem with a safe deposit box, plus sometimes banks can get flooded.

My wife's company backs up every night, sends it up to the cloud, and also sends the data to a offsite emergency office location every day. A little overkill for consumers but pretty smart for businesses.

And the data center that houses the "cloud" can burn down, flood, have hardware problems etc. So what's your point?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Sep 2013 17:02 #14 by archer

Walter L Newton wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Good point about the cloud and privacy. I also hate the idea of a monthly charge. Which is another problem with a safe deposit box, plus sometimes banks can get flooded.

And the data center that houses the "cloud" can burn down, flood, have hardware problems etc. So what's your point?

We could also have a zombie apocalypse......the possibilities are endless.

18 Sep 2013 20:06 #15 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Walter L Newton wrote:

We could also have a zombie apocalypse......the possibilities are endless.

And speaking of zombie apocalypse... I HIGHLY recommend the movie "John Dies at the End." It's sort of like Clerks meets Douglas Adams meets Kafka meets Lovecraft. Funny, gory and spaced out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1783732/

18 Sep 2013 20:11 #16 by FredHayek

Walter L Newton wrote:

:wink: If one backup fails you have another and one more. :smackshead:
It is like using a belt, suspenders and elastic pants.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Sep 2013 20:22 #17 by Reverend Revelant

13 Apr 2016 18:21 #18 by YourComputerCompanion
If anyone needs cloud features, and has internet connection at home or office, there are products out their like WDMyCloud that will allow you to host your own cloud over the internet. This will allow access via PC, Web, IOS, Android, or any other OS that is web aware.

I just thought I would mention it. Here is a link to Western Digital's page.

www.wdc.com/en/products/personalcloud/Default.aspx

I have one and it comes in handy. I don't usually use any public cloud. Just a fileserver connected to the internet with failover. Great marketing push.

Bob Glassman
Your Computer Companion
Computer Consulting & Support Services
We are there when you need us!
Address: 13700 US Highway 285 #108 Pine, CO 80470
Phone: 303-330-0252 Office
Phone: 303-941-7142 Mobile
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds