Cheap Printers.....Maybe Not

08 Nov 2010 13:46 #1 by Itsotech
Cheap Printers.....Maybe Not

Have you ever wondered why some companies almost give there printers away or at least seem to sell them at a loss? Ink...that's right Ink. The idea is to get you into there printer so they can sell you the high priced ink, which by the way will only will work with their printer. So when shopping for a printer take a walk over to the Ink counter and find out how much their ink costs and how many prints you get for your money. Also look at whether the printer uses separate ink cartridges or all in one. If you run out of black ink you don't want to have to buy blue, red and yellow also.

I have recently found that some of the Kodak printers are very reasonably priced and the Ink cartridges are quite affordable.

[url=http://www.ItsoTech.com:2i3nks0k]ItsoTech.com[/url]
303-482-1312

**PC Tuneup** Only $49.95[/color]

From Computer diagnostic and repair to Home Networking, let us take the worry out of owning a computer. ItsoTECH has the answer for your computer needs with onsite technicians ready to help.

See what your neighbors are saying!

Click on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bailey-CO/ItsoTECH/501705600533

* Virus and Spyware removal * Antivirus Software Installs * Software Upgrades and Installs * Hardware Upgrades and Installs
* Computer Tune Up * Email Setup * OS upgrades * Backup and Recovery * Wireless Network Setup
* Internet Connection Issues * Printer Installs * Training * Custom Computer Builds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2010 15:42 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Cheap Printers.....Maybe Not
I was caught in that scam. My new printer is way more economical because I don't use color and only need to replace the black.Great advice.

17 Feb 2011 19:50 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Cheap Printers.....Maybe Not
I have heard that Kodak is the most reasonable when pricing the replacement cartridges.

17 Feb 2011 20:01 #4 by conifermtman

CinnamonGirl wrote: I have heard that Kodak is the most reasonable when pricing the replacement cartridges.

I have bought three Kodak printers as gifts for relatives and all of them broke within a couple of months. Lexmark is a better printer. For my photography business I only use commercial Epson printers. You do get what you pay for.

17 Feb 2011 20:22 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Where do you get those CM?

17 Feb 2011 20:29 #6 by conifermtman

CinnamonGirl wrote: Where do you get those CM?

Those would be the Epson 3800 series and up, but you are looking $1,100 or more to get started. Not worth it for the average consumer. Replacing the ink will cost at least $400 for a full set.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Stylus-Inkj ... 642&sr=8-3

17 Feb 2011 20:33 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Yeah, if you are printing professional pictures that would make sense. I need a new printer/scanner. I am so mad that my really great one that I paid alot for will not work with windows 7 or Vista.

17 Feb 2011 20:35 #8 by conifermtman

CinnamonGirl wrote: Yeah, if you are printing professional pictures that would make sense. I need a new printer/scanner. I am so mad that my really great one that I paid alot for will not work with windows 7 or Vista.

What printer do you have?

17 Feb 2011 20:39 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Dell 8400

17 Feb 2011 20:47 #10 by conifermtman

CinnamonGirl wrote: Dell 8400

How old is your printer? I did not find any printers from Dell with that model number. I did find some Dell computers with that model number.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds