Lucilles and Sushi Hai

08 Jun 2010 21:11 #21 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai

AspenValley wrote:

JMC wrote: I heard that upstairs would be steak and seafood and downstairs a sports bar.

Meh, that sounds like another unispired idea to me.

Actually, I like that idea. I think that is a good central place for a sports bar and we need a good one up here. I heard they are still waiting on the liquor license and it is getting close.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2010 21:16 #22 by The Viking
I always wanted a sports bar close to home that I could stop into on the way up the hill to catch a Rockies or Avs or Nuggets game. And we need a good place to watch a Bronco's game with a lot of friends on Sunday. JJ Madwells is great but gets really full. So we need another good place up here. Also, we don't have a good steak and seafood place up here and that is needed.

08 Jun 2010 21:17 #23 by The Viking

AspenValley wrote: Not so sure that a higher end sushi place really "works" here, but I always thought that downstairs space with the beautiful fireplace would make a simply smashing fondue-type restaurant. Upstairs, the Lucille's concept was "okay" but I think it might have done better to have a slightly lower price-point, Bistro type menu where the average entree was around $10.

I love the Fondue idea but isn't that pretty pricey to make any money?

09 Jun 2010 07:47 #24 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai
What's wrong with Crossroads for watching sports? Don't they have a big tv where the pool table is?

09 Jun 2010 07:48 #25 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai

The Viking wrote:

AspenValley wrote: Not so sure that a higher end sushi place really "works" here, but I always thought that downstairs space with the beautiful fireplace would make a simply smashing fondue-type restaurant. Upstairs, the Lucille's concept was "okay" but I think it might have done better to have a slightly lower price-point, Bistro type menu where the average entree was around $10.

I love the Fondue idea but isn't that pretty pricey to make any money?

Good question. Most all of the fondue places I have been to have been pricey but I'm not sure why that is, fondue isn't that expensive to make to justify some of the prices I've seen.

I don't disagree with the idea of a sports bar up here, but I think the sushi spot is too elegant to waste on one. The old Chilis might be better suited.

09 Jun 2010 10:51 #26 by mountaindollar
Fondue takes a long time to cook so they do not turn the tables as quickly.

We love going to the Melting Pot and try to get there every Christmas it is kind of a tradition.

09 Jun 2010 10:56 #27 by The Viking

mountaindollar wrote: Fondue takes a long time to cook so they do not turn the tables as quickly.

We love going to the Melting Pot and try to get there every Christmas it is kind of a tradition.

Ah, that makes sense. It is about 2-3 hours per table. And I love the Melting Pot too.

09 Jun 2010 12:29 #28 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai
I love the Melting Pot, too, and yes it is pricey but it is always busy, too! I made the mistake a couple of times of going there without reservations and no go. There is also a really good fondue place at the Ritz in Beaver Creek but too INSANELY pricey for me to go unless someone else is buying.

I don't think it's out of the realm to support a pricey place here in Conifer, as long as it was the RIGHT pricey place. I don't get too excited about steak and seafood to be honest to want to pay that much when there are better places down the hill but a really special specialty place (like fondue) might do bettter than you think even if pricey. People get tired of pizza and Mexican.

16 Jun 2010 21:47 #29 by Sunshine Girl

mountaindollar wrote: Fondue takes a long time to cook so they do not turn the tables as quickly.

I recently went there for the first time ever and it was delicious! :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 Jun 2010 20:57 #30 by gees
Replied by gees on topic Lucilles and Sushi Hai

pacamom wrote: What's wrong with Crossroads for watching sports? Don't they have a big tv where the pool table is?

I have always felt that the Crossroads, when busy, is cramped. I hate sitting in the area by the front windows where you have to adjust your chair every time someone needs to pass by. I have also had very slow service the times that I have eaten there. The food is fine, but when I have to wait a 1/2 an hour just to get a check numerous time, I just give up. My husband loves to play pool but has stopped going because they close so early and the food is not really a draw for us. A take-n-bake from Papa Murphy's is more convenient and tastes so much better.

I don't need fancy-just a spacious bar, numerous TV's to watch a game, good service, and good food.

I do miss Sushi Hai. There is nothing better than having a beer and a big plate of tempura watching the sunset after a hard day of work.

I wish whoever goes in there lots of luck.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds