Canning Tomatoes

15 Jul 2010 22:50 #11 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Canning Tomatoes

pacamom wrote: What do you do to them after you put them in the bags? Freeze or boil?

freeze them - wash, bag, freezer. It's worth a try - some of the other home things people have told me have worked out well, so I'm always willing to use a small amount to give it a try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2010 04:50 #12 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Canning Tomatoes
Just a comment... You CAN wash and freeze your tomatoes. When you take them out run them under COLD water and the skin will come off. Also, I get my fresh produce up North. 50lbs. of Russet taters at Martin Produce (onions too) just remember to store them somewhere cool and DO NOT let them sit on concrete. You can also get FRESH and REALLY, REALLY good sweet corn at Sakata Farms in Brighton. it's only $10 per box and you can freeze this too! You get about 32-36 ears per box. They also have Broccoli and Cabbage too!!!! Anders Farms has Pinto Beans, Chili's, Maters, and Squash excellent prices and good quality fresh veggies!!!! Young's Market on 44th. between Kipling and Wadsworh has Chili's, Maters, Beets, Cucs and other stuff... He's been around forever..... Happy shopping and canning to all !!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds