What is a cube of butter?

14 Dec 2013 18:38 #11 by HappyCamper
I could be there at 3:45 would you please bring enough for the guest I will have at my house I think there will be a total of six of us?

Kidding but sharing your recipe would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2013 18:41 #12 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic What is a cube of butter?
Ok I need to rewrite it. I only have a paper version. The recipe makes two 'loaves'. One is gone already. I will bring the whole other one, and yes you can share it with your guests. A little goes a long way.

And I am not kidding.

14 Dec 2013 18:42 #13 by ThePetParent
1 cube butter? - OnlineConversion Forums

forum.onlineconversion.com › … › Main Forums › Convert and Calculate
28 replies since March 2006

A cube of butter is 1 ounce, which is 2 tablespoons. its called a cube because when cut a 1/2 stick in half, you're left with perfect cubes.

14 Dec 2013 19:14 #14 by HappyCamper

pacamom wrote: Ok I need to rewrite it. I only have a paper version. The recipe makes two 'loaves'. One is gone already. I will bring the whole other one, and yes you can share it with your guests. A little goes a long way.

And I am not kidding.

You are so sweet thank you but our festivities are starting around noon which means I will have had at least one glass of wine and I am a wimp so will not drive if I have had a drink.

Hubby will be hot and heavy into the football since he is still in for the fantasy football here on MMT.

I do think that a cheese strudel would be wonderful Xmas morning.

14 Dec 2013 21:11 #15 by ThePetParent
A cube of Butter is 1/2 stick of butter which is 4 oz. cut in half which makes 4 perfect cubes in a stick of butter

14 Dec 2013 22:11 #16 by otisptoadwater

pacamom wrote: Making icing that calls for a cube of butter. How much butter is a cube?

Everyone weighed in and you got the correct answer in spades; my inner smart ass just has to comment.

A cube of butter is similar to a knob of butter, the cube just happens to have a symmetrical shape.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Dec 2013 22:20 #17 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic What is a cube of butter?
I posted the recipe over in the kitchen.

Thanks Otis. You are so much help. Almost as much help as ThePetParent.

14 Dec 2013 22:47 #18 by otisptoadwater
pacamom, I love you like a little sister (so you should fully understand why I pick on you!).

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds