We can't search for "Obama" ???

15 Sep 2010 09:11 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Tried searching for posts with the word "Obama" in them and got this message:

[center:2nj7dogu]Information[/center:2nj7dogu]

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 1 characters and must not contain more than 20 characters excluding wildcards.

I guess he's mentioned too much for the search engine. I tired to use Google and narrow the search to 285Bound but then it only gave me three results.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz= ... =&safe=off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 21:06 #2 by MountainTownTechCrew
Hi, we are trying to figure out the problem. Thanks for alerting us to the issue.

16 Sep 2010 21:22 #3 by Wayne Harrison
No worries. I just thought it was strange. I'm pretty sure it's because of overload... too many instances of the word in posts.

But if I were a conspiracy nut I'd probably say there was some evil plan behind it.

16 Sep 2010 21:28 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic We can't search for "Obama" ???
This is no small deal I think we have to re index our database. I heard it can be a pain.

16 Sep 2010 21:29 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Please don't do it on my account.

16 Sep 2010 21:33 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic We can't search for "Obama" ???
We will figure out the best way but re indexing could take a while. :) Obama should be indexed. It usually skips really common words and Obama was used so many times the index system is treating it like the word the. So we may have to re index. It is all you guys posting in the ring. Your fault. LOL. :jk2:

16 Sep 2010 22:02 #7 by Spykster

Wayne Harrison wrote: Tried searching for posts with the word "Obama" in them and got this message:

[center:2cyfmv5c]Information[/center:2cyfmv5c]

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 1 characters and must not contain more than 20 characters excluding wildcards.

I guess he's mentioned too much for the search engine. I tired to use Google and narrow the search to 285Bound but then it only gave me three results.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz= ... =&safe=off

Try "Kenyan Prophylactic"

16 Sep 2010 22:03 #8 by Wayne Harrison
When I search for "You guys are going down in November" I get 48 matches. And they're all from Outdoor338!

16 Sep 2010 22:06 #9 by Spykster

Wayne Harrison wrote: When I search for "You guys are going down in November" I get 48 matches. And they're all from Outdoor338!

When I search for you, I get " What the hell for ? " :lol: (only kidding...it just seemed like the right thing to do... I had to tweak your nose one more time before I went to bed).

16 Sep 2010 22:23 #10 by CC
Replied by CC on topic We can't search for "Obama" ???

Try "Kenyan Prophylactic"

LOL

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds